Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dc enforcing gender neutral bathroom. what's your take?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would you care if you had to share a bathroom with a transgender? I guess this means thete will be urinals in the womens bathroom.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Replies (101-110):
lalaboosh
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
What about a men's, ladies', and nuetral option? Being fluid and happy with my body means I just don't have the same struggles as a m2f or f2m trans, so I'm curious.

Quoting purpleducky:

That would not make the transgender population happy.

Quoting etsmom:

There should be a seperate transgender room for them. That way everyone is happy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

There are A LOT of people who would be uncomfortable with a transgender/half-man half-woman( whatever) In the bathroom with them. Big deal.

Quoting lalaboosh:

So minorities have less of a right to comfort and privacy? You are horrible! Disgusting! Oh my god!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

They are the odd man out. (no pun intended) My comfort zone is more important because I am in the MAJORITY that is not transgendered. Whats next? Bathrooms for men who have small penises? Or bathrooms for women who are on their monthly? Ridiculous.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Really? There should be no gender nuetral options for trans folk? Why?? Why is YOUR comfort more important than anyone else's?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

No, I would not like that. There should remain a womans room and a mens room. Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

my transgender friend and I always use the ladies room. She sit in a stall just like the rest of the women. Most people don't even know any different. 

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM

So you really would be more comfortable with this person  walking into the women's restroom than this person ? And do you really think the second person isn't at risk by using the men's restroom?

Quoting GreenAndLean:

Its not about who they are looking at, I'm just personally not comfortable with that at all.

If you have a penis you don't belong in the woman's bathroom.

That's my opinion

Quoting BEXi:

Dont worry, theyre not going to look at you or your daughter... just your husband.

Quoting GreenAndLean:

I don't want to be in the same bathroom as any stranger with a penis nor do I want my daughter in there with them.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I would care. I'm not taking DD into a bathroom where men's dongs are flapping around. Nope. They can pick what they want to be, and choose the appropriate stall to take. Urinals are for mens bathrooms. Maybe they should require TRANSGENDER bathrooms. Where you can only go in if you have a dong and boobs.

Transgender women do not use urnials.

No, but transgender men do.

Not all transgender men do.

ChloeDolce1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's appropriate.  There are men's bathrooms, and women's bathrooms and that's how it should be.  I shouldn't have to walk in a bathroom and see someone pull it out and pee in a urinal because He wishes he was a girl.  What if I have to bring my daughters in to that bathroom?  Yes I plan on teaching my kids that all people are difference and explaining things but I shouldn't have to when they are 3 or 4 yrs old. 

I do not judge someone's life choice in regards to sexuality.  HOWEVER I do not think the whole world needs to bend just so you can feel accepted and comfortable.  If you move to a foreign country..learn the language, don't expect people to learn yours so you can manage easier.  If you change your gender then you need to decide what you are going to be...and be it. SO bluntly put...if you have a dick..you should use the men's bathroom sorry

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Ok, you are still disgusting.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

There are A LOT of people who would be uncomfortable with a transgender/half-man half-woman( whatever) In the bathroom with them. Big deal.

Quoting lalaboosh:

So minorities have less of a right to comfort and privacy? You are horrible! Disgusting! Oh my god!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

They are the odd man out. (no pun intended) My comfort zone is more important because I am in the MAJORITY that is not transgendered. Whats next? Bathrooms for men who have small penises? Or bathrooms for women who are on their monthly? Ridiculous.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Really? There should be no gender nuetral options for trans folk? Why?? Why is YOUR comfort more important than anyone else's?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

No, I would not like that. There should remain a womans room and a mens room. Period.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I've used plenty of same sex bathrooms. No big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I use the men's restroom. I started to do so full time when I got my driver's license sex marker changed. Before I usually used the men's restroom since women give me weird looks if I use the women's restroom.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right, what's it going to say? Transgender bathroom. That makes no sense.

Which makes me wonder, what do you do, purpleducky? What will you do when you have the change? As far as using stalls or urinals....all that?

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting etsmom:

There should be a seperate transgender room for them. That way everyone is happy.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

For people to keep their eyes in their own stalls. Let transgender individuals use the restroom they are most comfortable with and stop fixating on whether there is a penis or vagina.

Quoting etsmom:

Who is right? What's the solution?

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting etsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)