Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dc enforcing gender neutral bathroom. what's your take?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would you care if you had to share a bathroom with a transgender? I guess this means thete will be urinals in the womens bathroom.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Usually I am really good about that. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

Quoting lalaboosh:

*she

Quoting BEXi:

I know one guy who is now a female. He wouldnt want to use a public urinal. That defeats his purpose, dont you think?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM

They are the odd man out. (no pun intended) My comfort zone is more important because I am in the MAJORITY that is not transgendered. Whats next? Bathrooms for men who have small penises? Or bathrooms for women who are on their monthly? Ridiculous.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Really? There should be no gender nuetral options for trans folk? Why?? Why is YOUR comfort more important than anyone else's?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

No, I would not like that. There should remain a womans room and a mens room. Period.

ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I wouldn't care if I had to share a bathroom with anyone.
Mistweave
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
We had a man try that when I worked for Energizer. We all told management in no uncertain terms that as long as he had a penis he was a man and they had best deal with it or the women would. He wasn't allowed in the ladies room anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Wouldn't bother me as long as some sicko didn't try jumping me in the bathroom.
-JC-
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM

As long as they're not in the bathroom at the same time, I see no issue. (Because I assume DC means daycare and those kids are younger) In middle school/high school I think they should be able to use the bathroom that they associate their gender with. 

My brother is a transgender (female to male) and I think that she should be allowed to use boys room if she is comfortable with it. However the school does not agree with her using either the female or male. They force her to use the teachers' or nurse's private bathrooms. 

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Not all trans people pass and not all trans people are strictly male or female. Do you also think there should not be a nuetral option? There have been cases where trans people have been harrassed and shamed when trying to use EITHER option. Is this an issue we should ignore?

Quoting BEXi:

Transgender people should go into the bathrooms that they belong to (whatever sex they claim). Gender neutral bathrooms arent the problem, tolerance for these people are.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Really? There should be no gender nuetral options for trans folk? Why?? Why is YOUR comfort more important than anyone else's?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

No, I would not like that. There should remain a womans room and a mens room. Period.

brittney28
by Brittney on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I could careless.
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mistweave:

We had a man try that when I worked for Energizer. We all told management in no uncertain terms that as long as he had a penis he was a man and they had best deal with it or the women would. He wasn't allowed in the ladies room anymore.

Too bad that management let you bully them. You should have been fired.

MDWife12
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

thats ridiculous and i would not feel comfortable with it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)