Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone please help me. Computer help

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm new to the laptop world. We are looking to buy one. I was wanting to know what a good one would be that is kinda cheep. I don't care if it is a note book or not.

And If you can post pics to that would be great. And anything you can tell me about them. Thank you so much
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Bump
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Macbook Pro!!! Not cheap though, lol.

CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Is that the same as a iBook?

Quoting purpleducky:

Steph1499
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM

No Gateways.  Everyone I know including myself that has or had one have problems with them.   I have an HP and like it. 

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Not really. It is a lot better. I have a lot more memory and processing power than my wife's old iBook. Honestly, my MacBook Pro is my main computer. I only use my desktop for playing World of Warcraft and that is only because I don't have a mouse for my laptop.

Quoting CuzImMOM:

Is that the same as a iBook?

Quoting purpleducky:

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I used to work in IT, my husband is a Computer Programmer and we both build computers, so I hope that my suggestions will be helpful :)

Ideally you want a processory that is 2.2Ghz or higher. That will give you faster and better performance. If it is a dual core processor that is even better.

you also want 4G of RAM and a SATA Hard Drive.

My favorite laptops that take this into consideration are made by HP. Here are a couple that I like.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/B5Y58AV?HP-ENVY-dv4t-5200-Notebook-PC

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/C2N46UA?HP-Pavilion-g6-2210us-Notebook-PC

I wish I knew how to make them clicky :< if you can help me out let me know and I will do that. These ones are in the 475-500 range. I would suggest these models, but searching for refurbished laptops of these ones. They will be cheaper and I consider them very reliable. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions and I will try to answer them

CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Thank you so much.

Quoting zomgkerrie:

I used to work in IT, my husband is a Computer Programmer and we both build computers, so I hope that my suggestions will be helpful :)

Ideally you want a processory that is 2.2Ghz or higher. That will give you faster and better performance. If it is a dual core processor that is even better.

you also want 4G of RAM and a SATA Hard Drive.

My favorite laptops that take this into consideration are made by HP. Here are a couple that I like.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/B5Y58AV?HP-ENVY-dv4t-5200-Notebook-PC

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/C2N46UA?HP-Pavilion-g6-2210us-Notebook-PC

I wish I knew how to make them clicky :< if you can help me out let me know and I will do that. These ones are in the 475-500 range. I would suggest these models, but searching for refurbished laptops of these ones. They will be cheaper and I consider them very reliable. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions and I will try to answer them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN