Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so embarassing, but i need advice! (vaginal health)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have BV, ive had it sevral times in my life so i know that its forsure it, but i cant afford to go to the doctor. I've been looking up natural remedies to get rid of it (and most importantly the smell!) Its so embarassing im afraid to go in public because someone else might smell me and think im dirty! I've seen everything from douching diffrent things, like perioxide. or sticking yougurt on a tampon and inserting it. Or even inserting a clove of garlic.... I'm just not comfortable putting food "up there" and peroxide just sounds painful.... Only thing i found that id be willing to do is tea tree oil on a pad, and eating the yougurt. Has anyone tried this? Or have you tried something else that works well? 

I know its a natural thing for women to get, but i cant help but feel so gross. I cant stand the smell of myself, im so afraid other people can smell it too! My husband of coarse wont tell me the truth knowing im going to be even more worried if he says it is that bad. Someone help!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
jibberjabby
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I have heard that taking acidophilus (sp?) pearls can help a lot!

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I dont think ive had BV ever, unless that means yeast infection?

Anyway, I would NOT recommend putting tea tree oil on a pad if you do any kind of grooming down there it will BURN, also if you have been scratching if you get that oil on any open skin it will BURN.  

Believe me, I know.  lol- I thought it would make a great "aftershave"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Quoting Matriarch87:

I dont think ive had BV ever, unless that means yeast infection?

Anyway, I would NOT recommend putting tea tree oil on a pad if you do any kind of grooming down there it will BURN, also if you have been scratching if you get that oil on any open skin it will BURN.  

Believe me, I know.  lol- I thought it would make a great "aftershave"

lol thanks for the warning, i really dont want to be in pain on top of everything else

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Doesn't your husband need to be treated so that you don't keep getting it back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

I had this once 7 years ago. 1 trip to the local health department helped. I got a weeks worth of antibiotics and was told not to have sex for a week. And I didn't pay anything. My visit was free. Do you have a free clinic near you?

no :( we have clinics that are cheaper but my husband just got laid off and im on maternity leave so we just dont have the extra money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Quoting Melissa_4:

Doesn't your husband need to be treated so that you don't keep getting it back?

im not sure, ive read a little about it but i cant find anything that says what a man has to do to get rid of it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Go to the er. I know it's not an "emergancy" but if you can't afford out of pocket, you can get billed.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Just go to the doctors.

Moron.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msparks80
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM
If you just gave birth then you should see a Dr to make sure it isn't a different type of inflection. You could make things worse if your not treating the right thing :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM

According to the CDC, male partners do not need treatment. Are you pregnant...you said you are on maternity leave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)