Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so embarassing, but i need advice! (vaginal health)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have BV, ive had it sevral times in my life so i know that its forsure it, but i cant afford to go to the doctor. I've been looking up natural remedies to get rid of it (and most importantly the smell!) Its so embarassing im afraid to go in public because someone else might smell me and think im dirty! I've seen everything from douching diffrent things, like perioxide. or sticking yougurt on a tampon and inserting it. Or even inserting a clove of garlic.... I'm just not comfortable putting food "up there" and peroxide just sounds painful.... Only thing i found that id be willing to do is tea tree oil on a pad, and eating the yougurt. Has anyone tried this? Or have you tried something else that works well? 

I know its a natural thing for women to get, but i cant help but feel so gross. I cant stand the smell of myself, im so afraid other people can smell it too! My husband of coarse wont tell me the truth knowing im going to be even more worried if he says it is that bad. Someone help!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

From the CDC

Although BV will sometimes clear up without treatment, all women with symptoms of BV should be treated to avoid complications. Male partners generally do not need to be treated. However, BV may spread between female sex partners.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM

How often do you put coconut oil on your labia? Is it daily?

Quoting Anonymous:

I use coconut oil on my entire body, including down there, its almost magical what it does to your skin.

Garlic burns, peroxide is ok, I use it on the labia, I don't douche with it though, it bubbles and feels wired but it works. Yogurt only helps if you eat A LOT of it. Putting plain yogurt on a tampon also works, but don't leave it on too long and make sure to wash yourself right after. Vinegar works if you put it directly on but its horribly painful, same with alcohol. It kills the bacteria immediately but it really sucks for a minute or two. I do it when the infection is really bothering me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Since BV is a bacterial infection, wouldn't eating Activia probiotic yogurt, and taking probiotics help you? 

Also, a bath with Apple cider vinegar may help since it is an odor neutralizer. Don't worry. It's safe. 

Also look in to coconut oil. It is a natural antibiotic, and you may can rub some in there. It would just feel like a lubricant, basically. If you do use the 100% extra virgin kind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Just go to the doctors.

Moron.

Well, before you call people names, maybe you should read the other comments. I had already explained why i can't go to the doctor.

Moron.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting tossed:

According to the CDC, male partners do not need treatment. Are you pregnant...you said you are on maternity leave.

No, My daughters just about to turn 3 months.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I read.

And an er cant deny you treatment

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Just go to the doctors.

Moron.

Well, before you call people names, maybe you should read the other comments. I had already explained why i can't go to the doctor.

Moron.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Go to the er. I know it's not an "emergancy" but if you can't afford out of pocket, you can get billed.

I did that years ago the first time I had got it. The Er charges a arm and a leg, 800$ bill just to get a pap and perscribe me a antibiotic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I know, But i'm already up to my waist in medical bills. I cant afford a ridiculous bill just for a pap. i'd rather try at home remedies first before i resort to that.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I read.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Just go to the doctors.

Moron.

Moron.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM
And nine out of ten times it wont work.

So go to the damn er.

And they dont do paps.

They insert the instrument they use for the paps.

Swap with a qtip and send it off.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, But i'm already up to my waist in medical bills. I cant afford a ridiculous bill just for a pap. i'd rather try at home remedies first before i resort to that.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I read.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Just go to the doctors.

Moron.

Moron.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM

yea ive done it before, for the same reason. Cost me $800, not including the meds they prescribed.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

And nine out of ten times it wont work.

So go to the damn er.

And they dont do paps.

They insert the instrument they use for the paps.

Swap with a qtip and send it off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I read.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Just go to the doctors.

Moron.

Moron.

Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Rephresh it's an over the counter vaginal suppository.
And vitamins with probiotics and up you veggie and water intake.

It's the only thing that has kept it away from me for so long. Doing all that:-)

Granted what works for one may not for others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)