Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so embarassing, but i need advice! (vaginal health)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have BV, ive had it sevral times in my life so i know that its forsure it, but i cant afford to go to the doctor. I've been looking up natural remedies to get rid of it (and most importantly the smell!) Its so embarassing im afraid to go in public because someone else might smell me and think im dirty! I've seen everything from douching diffrent things, like perioxide. or sticking yougurt on a tampon and inserting it. Or even inserting a clove of garlic.... I'm just not comfortable putting food "up there" and peroxide just sounds painful.... Only thing i found that id be willing to do is tea tree oil on a pad, and eating the yougurt. Has anyone tried this? Or have you tried something else that works well? 

I know its a natural thing for women to get, but i cant help but feel so gross. I cant stand the smell of myself, im so afraid other people can smell it too! My husband of coarse wont tell me the truth knowing im going to be even more worried if he says it is that bad. Someone help!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Replies (41-43):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM
"Pap smear" is the name of the procedure of taking cultures from the vagina. It was named after the doctor who invented it, Dr. Papanicolaou (sp, can't remember). It's come to be known as only the test you get to check for cancer...but it's the procedure of swabbing and smearing the culture on a slide, then checking for abnormal cells, bacteria or fungus.

My mom is a cytologist - she's the one in the lab who reads the slides.

And really, no need to be calling anyone a moron. Geez

Quoting StrawberryCool:

And nine out of ten times it wont work.

So go to the damn er.

And they dont do paps.

They insert the instrument they use for the paps.

Swap with a qtip and send it off.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know, But i'm already up to my waist in medical bills. I cant afford a ridiculous bill just for a pap. i'd rather try at home remedies first before i resort to that.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I read.

And an er cant deny you treatment

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Just go to the doctors.

Moron.

Well, before you call people names, maybe you should read the other comments. I had already explained why i can't go to the doctor.

Moron.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM
What exactly is bv? I've never heard of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What exactly is bv? I've never heard of it.

The vagina normally has a balance of mostly "good" bacteria and fewer "harmful" bacteria. Bacterial vaginosis, known as BV, develops when the balance changes. With BV, there is an increase in harmful bacteria and a decrease in good bacteria. BV is the most common vaginal infection in women of childbearing age. ---- womanshealth.gov

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)