Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone use a flip-flop for spanking? *NOT A SPANKING DEBATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies

I'm an older mom and my arthritis is getting to the point that I cannot spank.  My DD tried to turn the stove on again today while I BF my  youngest.  I've never spanked with an object at this point, but I've heard that a flip-flop is the gentlest choice and does not leave marks.

Please don't turn this into a debate.  This post is for parents who spank only.  If you do not spank please move along.  Please ignore replies made by people trying to turn this into a debate.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I've never used one.

I've had one used on me and it stung like hell. I preferred the spanking stick.

ETA: I don't spank but was spanked growing up.

Linzeekp
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM
7 moms liked this
You're looking for advice on objects in which to hit your child.... I have nothing constructive to say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dawnjohnson5
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I have and probably will again.
kate80
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM
No. According to cps using any object other than the palm of your hand is classified as abuse. Unfortunate about the arthritis. Any other alternatives? Could dh do it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Per CPS in my state, you do not hit with an object.  I had CPS called on me when I fired my babysitter.  She called CPS and the kids school.  I did nothing but fire her for not doing her job.  They questioned my children, how I discipline, etc.  They asked me how I disciplined, if I spanked etc. and was told not to hit with an object.  Which I hadn't.  So.......I advise you not to use anything.

beerabitch69
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

eh just get a 2X4

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Nope, never used an object. But my parents would spank us with whatever was close...shoe, fly swatter, whatever they could find. LOL. My kids are 10 and 8 now, so I don't spank them anymore. How old is your DD?

firemouse23
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I was a spanking mom...I would never ever use an object to spank with.  If you can no longer spank I suggest a different form of discipline or a gate so that your LO can't get to the stove.

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
No. I can't use am object.

Can you find a way to involve her while nursing? Or, have a special toy for just while you are nursing? I know it's hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
No lol. I use my hand if I spank but I have swatted their butts with a wooden spoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN