Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone use a flip-flop for spanking? *NOT A SPANKING DEBATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm an older mom and my arthritis is getting to the point that I cannot spank.  My DD tried to turn the stove on again today while I BF my  youngest.  I've never spanked with an object at this point, but I've heard that a flip-flop is the gentlest choice and does not leave marks.

Please don't turn this into a debate.  This post is for parents who spank only.  If you do not spank please move along.  Please ignore replies made by people trying to turn this into a debate.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM
You can get your kids taken away for using an object..

soooo. wtf.....

find a new plan.
kate80
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I guess I would have to understand what "reasonable force" is. If it isn't illegal and you feel it is appropriate why ask? I think it could be easy to hit harder than intended when using an object. Jmo.

Quoting Anonymous:

DH travels a lot for work.  We are a "Reasonable Force" state.

Quoting kate80:

No. According to cps using any object other than the palm of your hand is classified as abuse. Unfortunate about the arthritis. Any other alternatives? Could dh do it?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Reasonable force with your HAND. not an OBJECT....

man, why why why why why why why why why do people have kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

DH travels a lot for work.  We are a "Reasonable Force" state.

Quoting kate80:

No. According to cps using any object other than the palm of your hand is classified as abuse. Unfortunate about the arthritis. Any other alternatives? Could dh do it?

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I actually think it wouldn't feel as forceful. It's foam so it lessens the blow while still getting the point across. I would try some other tactics first before resorting to a spanking, but I personally think that it sounds acceptable.

JeremiahMyKing
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
A belt works best in this house but grandma still gets the little ones with a shoe mostly her thick summer flip flop less likely to break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
You're an idiot. Seriously!? Asking for advice on which object to hit you kid with?? I have an idea! Why don't you have someone twice your size beat u with it first, that way you will know if it hurts enough!
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I remember being spanked with a belt. While I dont feel it was the best parenting choice, I don't feel my parents would have deserved to have  us taken away from them solely based on that.

Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Smh.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
No kidding!! You don't use objects to hit your child. Poor child...watching her mama come after her with an object to hit her with.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're an idiot. Seriously!? Asking for advice on which object to hit you kid with?? I have an idea! Why don't you have someone twice your size beat u with it first, that way you will know if it hurts enough!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheBomb.Com1066
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Girl, I will roll up a magazine if I have to LOL. I generally just use my hand, but I've used a flip flop, brush(lightly) and a rolled up/folded magazine. I used to lifeguard at a waterpark and the flip flop was used ALL.THE.TIME. It's fine IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)