Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone use a flip-flop for spanking? *NOT A SPANKING DEBATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm an older mom and my arthritis is getting to the point that I cannot spank.  My DD tried to turn the stove on again today while I BF my  youngest.  I've never spanked with an object at this point, but I've heard that a flip-flop is the gentlest choice and does not leave marks.

Please don't turn this into a debate.  This post is for parents who spank only.  If you do not spank please move along.  Please ignore replies made by people trying to turn this into a debate.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (81-90):
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Quoting BraydensMama163:

No lol. I use my hand if I spank but I have swatted their butts with a wooden spoon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I do have a flip phone and no I do not use it to strike my child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Nine years ago, I had to walk away from a nannying gig because the parents refused to discipline their children (and for you sharks, no I never asked to nor would have agreed to spank them myself).  I found out last year that their oldest is in juvy for stealing cars.  Surprise, surprise.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol at all the parents against actually discipline

Has anyone noticed when spanking was acceptable in society there was nv school shooting on mass levels and all these wimpy teenagers running around bitching and moaning that their life is so horrible and they should kill them selves. Society has suffered greatly from politically correcting every little damn thing and sheltering your kids form the world.

If ppl can't see that its spanking and not " being a bully, abuse, hitting or intentionally hurting, or just being mean" that as a parent it's your part to DISCIPLINE, your not being mean or cruel ( unless you do it to the level and all intentions of being mean or cruel then yes it's abuse)

Ppl are afraid to properly raise your kids and it's hurting them and any future for the rest of society

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I've had them thrown at me. I have a Mexican mother with good aim.
Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM

It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with spanking. Every time I read this crap it kills me. It has to do with families not spending any time with their kids and buying them crap to make up for it, not teaching them manners or respect (and, gasp, you don't need to strike them to get that), letting them sit in front of video games instead of playing outside and being social. It has to do with people having an entitled, me first, screw everyone else attitude.

Good parents can raise good kids without spanking them and there are PLENTY of kids that were spanked that have ended up in jail, ridiculous.

It makes as much sense as everyone posting that if we put "God back in school" we wouldn't have shootings. Because God would stop crazy people from killing small children if they had prayed to him that morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nine years ago, I had to walk away from a nannying gig because the parents refused to discipline their children (and for you sharks, no I never asked to nor would have agreed to spank them myself).  I found out last year that their oldest is in juvy for stealing cars.  Surprise, surprise.

Quoting Anonymous:

Has anyone noticed when spanking was acceptable in society there was nv school shooting on mass levels and all these wimpy teenagers running around bitching and moaning that their life is so horrible and they should kill them selves. Society has suffered greatly from politically correcting every little damn thing and sheltering your kids form the world.

If ppl can't see that its spanking and not " being a bully, abuse, hitting or intentionally hurting, or just being mean" that as a parent it's your part to DISCIPLINE, your not being mean or cruel ( unless you do it to the level and all intentions of being mean or cruel then yes it's abuse)

Ppl are afraid to properly raise your kids and it's hurting them and any future for the rest of society

C.S.K.L
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Doesn't surprise me one bit, thank you for a good example. Ppl can't come to terms that they are the parent not their friends. It's not bullying or being abusive it's setting them correct. I don't see the point I'm time out, to go think about what you did? Lol they thought about it before they did it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mitchiesgirl
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I use the buckle of a big leather belt.

Kidding! But that's what my parents used on me.
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Lol silly rabbit, debates are the norm here. Where there's a spanking there's a debates. However, Nile I don't so that.
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

FYI - in many states, if a mandated reporter hears the child is being struck with an object, they will report it to CPS.

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Nope. I don't spank with an object and won't ever do it either. I remember those pains. 

100_2740_zps5829069a-1_zpsb5588e7c
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)