Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pre-teen girl and clothing.....Thoughts????

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

ok,  my DD will be 9 in Feb.  She is a very young and innocent girl.    I have seen last year more and more of the girls in her class acting all "grown-up"  ect like as if they were 14 or something!!   I think this is really really sad, kids cant be kids anymore :(   My DD still likes fairies, princesses and barbie.  but she is ashamed to admit it to anyone.  im like WTF she is only 8 years oldd!!  ( all last year).   Also,  the clothes!!!!  here in Australia they have the cute girly clothes but only from a size 1 through to size 6.   from a size 7 - 14 are the teenager type clothes.  my point being, DD was in a size 7 from age 6!!   I refuse to dress a 6-7 year old like a teenager!!!   It is sooo hard to find suitable clothing.  it is all adult type stuff.  I cant even get her a pair of shorts that have any leg!!!  I will NOT put my little girll in short shorts!!!!     Why does a little girl need to dress sexy??  and these shorts come in real little sizes!!  it is sad.    I guess I just hate the fact that kids are being forced younger and younger to be adult.   any thoughts???

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livric
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:38 PM

bump

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM

its because that is what sells. if you can get together a lot of moms whole change your opinion and you blow up websites and mailboxes maybe you can change things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Shop on line? The children's place, crazy 8, Gymboree, justice. Those all have a wide rang of appropriate clothing.
Shelby212302
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I agree with you. I worked in retail for a few years and unloading the girls clothes and the teen clothes was always shocking at how similar they are. Also the teen sizes are damn near the same as the girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Yeah I do!!  ebay has really pretty and age appropriate stuff in her size!  thank goodness lol.   I LOVE ebay!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Shop on line? The children's place, crazy 8, Gymboree, justice. Those all have a wide rang of appropriate clothing.

1crazymomx1
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I see the clothing options here are the same. Whenever I shop for my nieces-ages 2-12-I get disgusted at the options. The 2 and 4 year old are not bad, but the older girls clothes are too grown up looking. Ihate that they have poor choices for clothes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I hate it!!  but it is not JUST the clothes,  they cant even like little girl stuff anymore :(   they have to act like a snotty teen from the age of 7!!  where is their childhood gone??  and dolls are out from age 6!  it is just rediculous

Quoting Shelby212302:

I agree with you. I worked in retail for a few years and unloading the girls clothes and the teen clothes was always shocking at how similar they are. Also the teen sizes are damn near the same as the girls.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

It is the same in the United States. Everywhere you turn, little girls are being offered sexualized clothing styles. I keep her dressed not quite little girlish as she is starting to "bud" in her chest and is all tall and leggy, but I definitely keep her dressed appropriately. This was dd for Christmas. What do you think young, but not babyish right?

livric
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM

yup!!   I refuse to dress my little girl in teen stuff.   I mean,  shorts that only have a crotch and no leg for a 6 year old?? im mean damn,  that is just really messed up imo

Quoting 1crazymomx1:

I see the clothing options here are the same. Whenever I shop for my nieces-ages 2-12-I get disgusted at the options. The 2 and 4 year old are not bad, but the older girls clothes are too grown up looking. Ihate that they have poor choices for clothes.

mcwife86
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM

this store though i think sells some cute tween clothes.

http://www.shopjustice.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)