Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh I hate hate hate them!!!

We just had one, small one but it still made  my heart stop. I keep waiting for the "big one" :( ugh fingers crossed that dosen't happen anytime soon

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Cookies.

Kokoscold
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I know I love Rondy time but when it's -20 I'm not going outside to watch the running of the reindeer

But sinces it's been a warm winter I'm hoping that Rondy time is somewhat bearable

Quoting tleedavis:

Fur Rondy is so much fun. It just sucks it has to be in the middle of freakin winter :(

Kokoscold
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Cake... Did somebody say cake?

Quoting Anonymous:

Cookies.

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Ooohhh we will have to check that out. Thanks!

tleedavis
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I sure hope so too. I work downtown and i have to drive with the kids by the carnival everyday when they have it set up. My kids will really be upset if we don't go this year. The drive home is such a tease for them :(

Quoting Kokoscold:

I know I love Rondy time but when it's -20 I'm not going outside to watch the running of the reindeer

But sinces it's been a warm winter I'm hoping that Rondy time is somewhat bearable

Quoting tleedavis:

Fur Rondy is so much fun. It just sucks it has to be in the middle of freakin winter :(

Kokoscold
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I know I always get that old kid feeling when they start setting up for it. Now that I've got one I can't wait to start taking him. He's still little so we'll start with the dog sled races and Iditarod (hopefully we need more snow)

Quoting tleedavis:

I sure hope so too. I work downtown and i have to drive with the kids by the carnival everyday when they have it set up. My kids will really be upset if we don't go this year. The drive home is such a tease for them :(

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM

We had a big one here about 12yrs ago (seattle) the "Nisqually quake" 6.9 on the scale
Half of the old downtown collapsed..took them FOREVER to rebuild

They say seattle is due for another big quake

tleedavis
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I know, it's crazy that i can still see grass in some areas :( last year was like record snow fall and this one sucks so far. At least it's been warm, and not -20 or something :)

Quoting Kokoscold:

I know I always get that old kid feeling when they start setting up for it. Now that I've got one I can't wait to start taking him. He's still little so we'll start with the dog sled races and Iditarod (hopefully we need more snow)

Quoting tleedavis:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

That's why I don't live in California (hoping you're there - otherwise the joke is lame).  Total earthquake country.  I now live where it's much safe - in tornado alley.  LOL

Kokoscold
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I was living in Seattle at that time!! :) I went to the Art Institute so trying to get anywhere at that time was horrible. Oh man I know old downtown Seattle was destoryed :( very very sad

Quoting kelly617:

We had a big one here about 12yrs ago (seattle) the "Nisqually quake" 6.9 on the scale
Half of the old downtown collapsed..took them FOREVER to rebuild

They say seattle is due for another big quake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)