Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$74,600,000,000 in food stamps last year!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
4 moms liked this

Last year, the US gov gave out $74.6 BILLION in food stamps. 

So, I say we cut everyones food stamps by 10%.  All you have to do is cut your eating habits a bit.  A meat free meal, a couple less bags of chips, dont get that soda on your lunch break, maybe shop at a cheaper store, use coupons, etc and you have met your pay cut. 

$7,460,000,000  <--------thats how much would be saved every year if we cut it by 10%

I used to spend $120 in food every week, my husbands hours were cut so we went down to $80 a week.  You know what, its harder but doable.  That is a little over a 30% cut.  btw-we have 5 people in our family. 

Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM
6 moms liked this
This crap again?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM
18 moms liked this
They shouldnt give so much to families. No one needs $700 a month in FS. Its supposed to SUPPLEMENT your food money, not pay for all of it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I think that's a great idea. We spend about 75 every other week and 120 the other weeks for a family of 6.
We don't buy soda though and I make a lot of things from scratch.
marinenonstop
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Every month I have to buy groceries for my parents house... so yea if their food stamps were cut it would make things worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM
12 moms liked this
Why do people care so much on food stamps??? Who gives a crap!!!! Live your life and stop caring what other people do!!
boldrumble
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM
My state discovered seceral mil in fraud...that is thenumber that truly terrifies me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
5 moms liked this

because the country is in horrible debt and taxpayers money could be put to much better use.

let me guess...you get pa don't you?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people care so much on food stamps??? Who gives a crap!!!! Live your life and stop caring what other people do!!

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this
May be if they teach families hiw to budget with food stamps and how to eat healthy while on the program that might make a diffrence.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
22 moms liked this
I have a better idea. How about we cut the salaries of all those idiots in washington that america so gleefully voted into office last november.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
9 moms liked this
I can think of quite a few things I would cut before food stamps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)