Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$74,600,000,000 in food stamps last year!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
4 moms liked this

Last year, the US gov gave out $74.6 BILLION in food stamps. 

So, I say we cut everyones food stamps by 10%.  All you have to do is cut your eating habits a bit.  A meat free meal, a couple less bags of chips, dont get that soda on your lunch break, maybe shop at a cheaper store, use coupons, etc and you have met your pay cut. 

$7,460,000,000  <--------thats how much would be saved every year if we cut it by 10%

I used to spend $120 in food every week, my husbands hours were cut so we went down to $80 a week.  You know what, its harder but doable.  That is a little over a 30% cut.  btw-we have 5 people in our family. 

Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM
6 moms liked this
This crap again?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM
18 moms liked this
They shouldnt give so much to families. No one needs $700 a month in FS. Its supposed to SUPPLEMENT your food money, not pay for all of it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I think that's a great idea. We spend about 75 every other week and 120 the other weeks for a family of 6.
We don't buy soda though and I make a lot of things from scratch.
marinenonstop
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Every month I have to buy groceries for my parents house... so yea if their food stamps were cut it would make things worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM
12 moms liked this
Why do people care so much on food stamps??? Who gives a crap!!!! Live your life and stop caring what other people do!!
boldrumble
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM
My state discovered seceral mil in fraud...that is thenumber that truly terrifies me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
5 moms liked this

because the country is in horrible debt and taxpayers money could be put to much better use.

let me guess...you get pa don't you?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people care so much on food stamps??? Who gives a crap!!!! Live your life and stop caring what other people do!!

HotMomma2622
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this
May be if they teach families hiw to budget with food stamps and how to eat healthy while on the program that might make a diffrence.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
22 moms liked this
I have a better idea. How about we cut the salaries of all those idiots in washington that america so gleefully voted into office last november.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
9 moms liked this
I can think of quite a few things I would cut before food stamps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured