Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I quit my job?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Okay I will try to make this short. Please read it and help me out!

I started a new job about a year ago when my youngest started school. I have worked hard and made my way up to $20/hr and a really good schedule. I love this job! But.... Here's the catch. I work fairly closely with a male co worker. Lately I've noticed feelings developing and the more I try to ignore it the stronger they become. I can tell he is attracted to me too. We are both married and no boundaries have been crossed but its getting to the point I'm starting to lose trust in myself. There are several times a month we end up being alone in the office. I really want to keep this job but I don't want to end up making a terrible mistake. I feel like the longer I stay the stronger my feelings get. Is there anyway to stay in my current position and my marriage?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gblossom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM

whewwwww, i haven't a clue what to say <3 good luck though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Welcome to the real world.  This situation happens all the time.  You just need to keep your great job and get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM

yes distance yourself

aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
See if you can be transfered to diff department or something so you arent face to face.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Control yourself. It's mental. Make sure he knows the boundaries as well. Self control self control self control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Start looking for things you hate about him. When you smell a fart in the office instantly blame him in your mind. When something gets screwed up at work blame him in your mind. Go out of your way to avoid him and simply do your job.

You shouldn't have to quit a job over a coworker being attractive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Really? You would jeopardize your job that supports your family for a man? You have more to worry about the this guy. You might consider therapy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Get a chastity belt. Problem solved.

knoxmomof2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I know it's easy for me to sit here and say this, since I make nowhere near $20 an hour, but nothing is worth losing your marriage over (assuming you are happy in your marriage). Try to get a transfer/ change to a different company where you can do the same thing. Otherwise, you know where this is most likely headed.....

jarkrt
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Be an adult, and keep your vagina in your pants.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)