Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I quit my job?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Okay I will try to make this short. Please read it and help me out!

I started a new job about a year ago when my youngest started school. I have worked hard and made my way up to $20/hr and a really good schedule. I love this job! But.... Here's the catch. I work fairly closely with a male co worker. Lately I've noticed feelings developing and the more I try to ignore it the stronger they become. I can tell he is attracted to me too. We are both married and no boundaries have been crossed but its getting to the point I'm starting to lose trust in myself. There are several times a month we end up being alone in the office. I really want to keep this job but I don't want to end up making a terrible mistake. I feel like the longer I stay the stronger my feelings get. Is there anyway to stay in my current position and my marriage?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM

This attraction you are feeling is a feeling, feelings are fleeting. Whether you cheat on your husband or not is a choice you make. Control yourself, you are not controled by your vagina! He knows your married, what kind of man would that make him? Not one you'd be attracted to. Get ahold of yourself and have some integrity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
My job doesn't support my family. It all goes to buy stuff i want for me and the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? You would jeopardize your job that supports your family for a man? You have more to worry about the this guy. You might consider therapy.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM

If there is another position in the company where you can work, request a transfer. If not, quit. Your family is more important than a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You're an adult...control yourself
If you don't want to cheat...don't its as simple as that

I think its completely irresponsible to even think of quitting your job just because you can't handle your hormones...get a grip on yourself woman and grow the fuck up

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you feel like you will not be able to honor your marriage, quit.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I wouldn't quit a good job, but it is time for you to fall back in love with your husband. Do things with him you did when you first got together. Make a list of the reasons you fell in love with him.

One of the main reasons people start getting crushes on someone else is the fact that it is new and exciting. It is possible to have those same feelings with your husband again and once you do, you won't give the guy at work another thought

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
There isn't really anywhere to transfer to.

Quoting tossed:

If there is another position in the company where you can work, request a transfer. If not, quit. Your family is more important than a job.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Then quit. If you are having to ask, it suggests to me that you don't trust yourself and your attraction to this man.

Quoting Anonymous:

There isn't really anywhere to transfer to.

Quoting tossed:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM
This no one can make you so something you know is wrong. Focus how would you feel if your husband betrayed you at work? How would his wife feel. Think about everyone involved.

Quoting Anonymous:

Welcome to the real world.  This situation happens all the time.  You just need to keep your great job and get over it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN