Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I quit my job?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Okay I will try to make this short. Please read it and help me out!

I started a new job about a year ago when my youngest started school. I have worked hard and made my way up to $20/hr and a really good schedule. I love this job! But.... Here's the catch. I work fairly closely with a male co worker. Lately I've noticed feelings developing and the more I try to ignore it the stronger they become. I can tell he is attracted to me too. We are both married and no boundaries have been crossed but its getting to the point I'm starting to lose trust in myself. There are several times a month we end up being alone in the office. I really want to keep this job but I don't want to end up making a terrible mistake. I feel like the longer I stay the stronger my feelings get. Is there anyway to stay in my current position and my marriage?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Replies (31-35):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You're an adult...control yourself
If you don't want to cheat...don't its as simple as that

I think its completely irresponsible to even think of quitting your job just because you can't handle your hormones...get a grip on yourself woman and grow the fuck up

PoisonousBlonde
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Do not quit a great job, you will kick yourself in the ass if you don't find another 1 that good. Don't think about it and just distance yourself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

You are choosing to allow your feelings to take over, subconsciously or not.  You can choose to ignore them and to put your foot down and put a stop to it.  Some part of you is enjoing the attention.  If you're not strong enough to stop it, find another job.

other_mother
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Self control. We expect our children to learn it, but we don't usually want to exercise it ourselves.

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

keep your wedding pics on your desk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)