Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever had a COLPOSCOPY ??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

I hope I spelled it correctly , has anyone had one ? I'm having one tomarow , what should I expect ? Is it painful during or after ? Do they always find precancerous growth or cancer ? I wasn't nervous until now

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pita369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I've had it done... Minor cramping during and after and they found out I had cervical dysplasia, had LEEP done and now all clear
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

What is dysphasia and leep ?

Quoting Pita369:

I've had it done... Minor cramping during and after and they found out I had cervical dysplasia, had LEEP done and now all clear

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I had one about 2.5 years ago. I don't recall it being painful per se, just uncomfortable and nerve wracking. And my Dr didn't find anything...I need to go get a check up but now I'm anxious about what may be found this time :/ Good luck mama!
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

A colposcopy is not painful, just uncomfortable.  The biopsy hurts, not going to lie.  If you are needing a colposcopy, you had a pap come back with some form of dysplasia.  They do NOT always find precancerous cells.

I've had two LEEP proceedures...first when I was 24, and a second last October.  If you need one, ask your gyno to do it under general anesthesia.  I had severe dysplasia the first time, moderate the second time.  Thankfully neither showed cancer.  (((((Hugs!)))))

Pita369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM
It's pre cancerous cells on the cervix and LEEP is a one of the few procedures to remove the cells

Quoting Anonymous:

What is dysphasia and leep ?

Quoting Pita369:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I did, it was uncomfortable and I had slight cramping afterward but nothing major. Everything was fine. Teo friends of mine have also had it done and nothing was notable was found.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I had one in 2005. Precancerous cells. Had a LEEP. Minor cramping and a little spotting is about all I had. I'm fine now, had 2 kids since then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Thanks and good luck with yours

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one about 2.5 years ago. I don't recall it being painful per se, just uncomfortable and nerve wracking. And my Dr didn't find anything...I need to go get a check up but now I'm anxious about what may be found this time :/ Good luck mama!

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

It's uncomfortable. The freezing makes you cramp a little but it's not too bad. The scraping hurts some, but it's over in just a second. No recovery time or anything like that though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Thanks

Quoting Melissa_4:

A colposcopy is not painful, just uncomfortable.  The biopsy hurts, not going to lie.  If you are needing a colposcopy, you had a pap come back with some form of dysplasia.  They do NOT always find precancerous cells.

I've had two LEEP proceedures...first when I was 24, and a second last October.  If you need one, ask your gyno to do it under general anesthesia.  I had severe dysplasia the first time, moderate the second time.  Thankfully neither showed cancer.  (((((Hugs!)))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)