Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever had a COLPOSCOPY ??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

I hope I spelled it correctly , has anyone had one ? I'm having one tomarow , what should I expect ? Is it painful during or after ? Do they always find precancerous growth or cancer ? I wasn't nervous until now

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pita369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I've had it done... Minor cramping during and after and they found out I had cervical dysplasia, had LEEP done and now all clear
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

What is dysphasia and leep ?

Quoting Pita369:

I've had it done... Minor cramping during and after and they found out I had cervical dysplasia, had LEEP done and now all clear

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I had one about 2.5 years ago. I don't recall it being painful per se, just uncomfortable and nerve wracking. And my Dr didn't find anything...I need to go get a check up but now I'm anxious about what may be found this time :/ Good luck mama!
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

A colposcopy is not painful, just uncomfortable.  The biopsy hurts, not going to lie.  If you are needing a colposcopy, you had a pap come back with some form of dysplasia.  They do NOT always find precancerous cells.

I've had two LEEP proceedures...first when I was 24, and a second last October.  If you need one, ask your gyno to do it under general anesthesia.  I had severe dysplasia the first time, moderate the second time.  Thankfully neither showed cancer.  (((((Hugs!)))))

Pita369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM
It's pre cancerous cells on the cervix and LEEP is a one of the few procedures to remove the cells

Quoting Anonymous:

What is dysphasia and leep ?

Quoting Pita369:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I did, it was uncomfortable and I had slight cramping afterward but nothing major. Everything was fine. Teo friends of mine have also had it done and nothing was notable was found.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I had one in 2005. Precancerous cells. Had a LEEP. Minor cramping and a little spotting is about all I had. I'm fine now, had 2 kids since then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Thanks and good luck with yours

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one about 2.5 years ago. I don't recall it being painful per se, just uncomfortable and nerve wracking. And my Dr didn't find anything...I need to go get a check up but now I'm anxious about what may be found this time :/ Good luck mama!

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

It's uncomfortable. The freezing makes you cramp a little but it's not too bad. The scraping hurts some, but it's over in just a second. No recovery time or anything like that though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Thanks

Quoting Melissa_4:

A colposcopy is not painful, just uncomfortable.  The biopsy hurts, not going to lie.  If you are needing a colposcopy, you had a pap come back with some form of dysplasia.  They do NOT always find precancerous cells.

I've had two LEEP proceedures...first when I was 24, and a second last October.  If you need one, ask your gyno to do it under general anesthesia.  I had severe dysplasia the first time, moderate the second time.  Thankfully neither showed cancer.  (((((Hugs!)))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)