Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Suicidal thoughts...*My Cofession* Update.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I have been so stressed and irritated lately that I often think about killing myself. I know it's terrible and I don't think I could ever act on them. I feel like my kids hate me. They never listen, despite all our efforts. I also feel like my DH hates me, but just puts up with me for the kids. There is no "Help" in my area...I just lost my job and my world is falling apart. We are planning ti move in Late Feb or early March and I am going to try my hardest to move somewhere, that I CAN ACTUALLY get the help I need. I am losing my mind...one day at a time, and I am miserable. VENT OVER. I am still hanging in there. :) Just trying to enjoy the time that I am out of work, with my kids. They didn't have school today due to weather. I made an appoinment to speak with a doctor about my issues for next week. I am staying optimistic!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

cm is not the place to come for this kind of thing

edited since people understood me..

MOM CONFESSIONS is not the place for this, if you are already feeling bad then these girls can often times make you feel worse, but there are some amazing supportive groups on CM besides this one, i'd go there.

hope you feel better OP, don't hesitate to call a hotline if you really need someone to talk to, they are really nice.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

If you want someone to talk to PM me..Ive been there

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Posting about this here is probably a bad idea. Go to suicideforum.com, they have a parent's group where you can get some real support and advice. Best of luck.

rosie211
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Hang in there, things will get better. Find something positive to focus on, anything at all. Find joy in something, even if it's just a book or a tv show. Watch the sunrise or sunset. Take pride in cleaning your house. Anything at all. Also, please try to be thankful for the life you have because you are ALIVE! There are people fighting cancer right this second who would give anything to keep living. Find the joy! I am praying for you, hoping things get better for you soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm well. It is *MY* confession....and this IS the Mom Confessions group. Maybe you are in the wrong place?

Quoting LucyHourglass:

achavez219
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
*Hugs* So sorry for what ur going thru :( my dh committed suicide in 2011 & it's still painful to think he felt the way u do. Please seek help even if it is online suicide support. Good luck & feel free to pm me if u wanna talk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she was just trying to warn you about the trolls.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm well. It is *MY* confession....and this IS the Mom Confessions group. Maybe you are in the wrong place?

Quoting LucyHourglass:

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. Try to believe that things will improve. I've had suicidal thoughts for years because of some situational issues which are out of my control. I think you feel hopeless because you feel like everything in your life is out of your control.

One of the best things my therapist  has told me is, "You don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it." I know that sounds trite, but it really has helped me accept these things that I want so badly to change but just won't.

To feel better, work on those things that you can change. Look for another job. Read a book on parenting. Do nice things for your husband, even if you don't see immediate change in him. Use this time without a job to work on the kids' behavior---you can be more consistent if you are with them more.

Good luck, and don't give up hope. Trust me, I've been there. It WILL get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been talking to someone lately about it. But it's just my confession. I AM NOT going to do it. I could never do that to my babies or my family.

Quoting mommamaggi:

Posting about this here is probably a bad idea. Go to suicideforum.com, they have a parent's group where you can get some real support and advice. Best of luck.

lucsch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so sad. I am sorry for your loss.

Quoting achavez219:

*Hugs* So sorry for what ur going thru :( my dh committed suicide in 2011 & it's still painful to think he felt the way u do. Please seek help even if it is online suicide support. Good luck & feel free to pm me if u wanna talk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN