Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He Tried To Rob Her, So She Made Him A Pizza!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 17 Replies

Eff that shit dude. You come to my job, and pull a knife on me, I am calling the police. And you will be lucky if I don't drop kick your ass while I'm at it.

IDGAF if this man was desperate. IDGAF if he was poor and had no money. There is always, always some way to feed your family.

Food stamps, churches, food banks. He knew they had no food. He knew it all day long and perhaps even longer. But his first thought was to ROB someone? Those crocodile tears would not have worked on me.

There is no church here that will refuse you a meal. I am sure there are churches in the area that would have fed him. Emergency food stamps or pantries. Hell he could have gone to the police or fire station and I'm sure they would have gotten him some help. You do not ever need to rob someone just to get money to buy food.

Even a neighbor, family, etc could have helped. I promise even if it was my last dollar if someone told me they were hungry and needed food I'd buy them something to eat, so long as my family was taken care of first.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/robber-change-heart-inspires-clerk-pizza-193415171.html

Robber’s Change of Heart Inspires Clerk to Make Pizza

When a crime is committed, it's not always a matter of black and white: Just because someone commits a crime does not mean that person is automatically bad. Take what happened at a Papa John's in the Helena, Montana, area. A man, armed with a knife, allegedly walked into the pizzeria early Tuesday morning as the staff was closing for the night and passed the clerk a note demanding money from the register.

When the clerk began taking money out of the register to give to the alleged robber, the robber began to cry. As he cried, he explained to the clerk that he needed money for his wife and children, who were hungry. The warm-hearted clerk spoke to the man and decided to make him a pizza and some chicken wings. The man waited patiently at a table while the clerk prepared the meal, and when it was done, he took the food and left.

Helena Police Chief Troy McGee hailed the clerk for handling the delicate and dangerous situation so well. "I'd say the clerk was pretty astute; I mean, he knows how to talk to this person. Kind of commiserated with him a little. Talked to him about it and you know actually changed his mind about robbing the place. That was pretty good."

[Related: Love Letter Helps Convict Robber]

Like us on Facebook.com/TrendingNow, and follow "Trending Now" on Twitter: @Knowlesitall and @YahooTrending.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittney28
by Brittney on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM
That's pretty cool.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Uhh.... I'm trying this next time I want sushi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I think it was really nice. Its sad how people are in such bad times that they feel they have to do this.

My local churches don't even have food pantries or anything like that.

We have a soup kitchen that is open for a couple hours a day.

I'm sure this man is already on foodstamps.

I feel bad for him.
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
A robber isn't always bad...mhmmm.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Kudos to her

Yes, he was very very wrong but that was good karma on her part
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM
We don't have food banks, or soup kitchens. No shelters.
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Kudos to her

Yes, he was very very wrong but that was good karma on her part

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Doesn't matter. You do not have to stoop to robbing someone, period.

Even if I had to walk 100 miles to the nearest place for food, I'd do that before I committed a crime.

Quoting Anonymous:

Alliemad_3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I think it's pretty cool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Luckily me and you haven't been that desperate.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Doesn't matter. You do not have to stoop to robbing someone, period.

Even if I had to walk 100 miles to the nearest place for food, I'd do that before I committed a crime.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured