Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

thats it i am f#$%ing done with this $hit!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 64 Replies
6 moms liked this

i am done the kitchen. as much as i can at this time. 

for those who have been keeping up for the last few days i have been on a nesting painting frenzy.

i am 30 weeks pregnant, and i wanted to make my kitchen look pretty. i sold an old, no longer used dinette set for $250, and had planned on buying a new dining table chairs and bench. 

i was going to simply give away this set. 

but then i got the bright idea, to paint my kitchen. all of it. walls, trim and cabinet doors, pantry doors, outside door, ect. 

and spent about $100 on paint and rollers and brushes and painters tape instead. 

yeah this is me while nesting. ridiculous, right? fml. and i just cant seem to STOP until its perfect. 

anyways, so all new paint. and i painted an old buffet table and the dining set i was going togive away, and re-upholstered the chairs. 

ta-da! (and yes after this post i will stfu about it i promise you)

as you can see i just have to screw the one more **groans** seat onto the chair on the left and i am done. im DONE.  (the kitchen cabinets i refinished too)

all the black furniture i was previously planning on giving away. well fuck that. i'm gonna keep it now, lol. 

freakin nesting. i think i can physically take anymore nesting. i need a bubble bath. 

and the kids are actually in bed, and SLEEPING. 

cuppa tea, and then a bubble bath. **happy sigh**

i feel.....satisfied. i did something useful.  bubble bath......later bitches!!!

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM

how many of you thought my title insinuated i was mad at dh again? huh, huh? don't lie.....lol

seriously though. i am taking the weekend off before i pick up another can of paint. me and my bright ideas. 

i hurt everywhere. **dies**

CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Looks good! And I like the eye chart you've got there, not something I usually see hung up in people's houses lol.

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM

i always get the weirdest things from the strangest places. or winners. which is where i got the eye chart. but i like to stick some oddball things here and there. 

i even have an original tin Roy Rodgers lunch box. i display it on top of my cabinets. its just an odd unusual piece.

Quoting CarolinaGirl88:

Looks good! And I like the eye chart you've got there, not something I usually see hung up in people's houses lol.

annasew
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I love it all but the upper cabinets.  Thats just me tho dont get pissy lol  I think I would have made them dark like the bottom ones.    

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It came out very nice. My baby is 2 months and hubby nested a couple days before she came lol. I was too big to move but i helped get rid of stuf and he shampooed the house took everything off the walls cleaned the walls and the stuff on the walls and put them back up once her playard came in the house, my water broke 3:00am lol. Congrats to you:)
LClark1973
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I like it very much.... Enjoy your bubble bath for all your hard work.

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Looks good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Man I want to nest!!! 34wks still no sign lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Looks great! I only nested in the first 3 months with DD and really bad one night where I stayed up cleanin geerything like the washer and dryer were cleaned too!!! LOL!!!

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

pretty !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)