Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how did your so propose??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Mine? He changed the background on my phone. It always said how much I loved in different ways, I woke up one morning and checked my phone, he'd changed it to "marry me". I told him yes later that night with a new pair of white frilly boy shorts, I'd written yes on them and told him he had to strip me that night to find his answer.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM

well it was a cold november day, I got a call from a local store verifying a check that was written out to them. 

Then when he came home I said "wtf was that check for!" and he sat me down, got down on his knee and said "just promise to always be mine" .

And that was that.

And no he didn't ask me to marry him, at the time i was opposed to the idea.

lincolnlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
My dh took me to the Griffith Observatory. His plan was to spend the day there and then propose when it got dark under the stars. What happened was we got there to early and were done seeing everything before it got dark. I was hungry and ready to leave to go to dinner. He kept trying to stall, and it got pretty awkward. He talked me into going for a walk a ways down the hillside, then he got down on one knee and proposed. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
We were standing in our living room and he says "will you" and takes a ring from his pocket...he didn't even say "marry me" just "will you" lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Wow. People on here right? Smh so many idiots in the world

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Thank you! If I had listened to a lot of women, I wouldn't be married to my love right now. I heard over and over that I was a fool for waiting almost 7 years and that he was never going to fully commit, and that I was a slut for having a baby with him when it was obvious he wasn't serious, and blah blah blah, so it feels good. :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. Congrats!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

We've been together since high school, so we started talking about getting married after we had been together for about 3 years. We just never really made it a concrete plan. We "officially" got engaged a year ago, and got married 14 days ago, but he didn't really propose. It was more of a, "Hey, you ready to get married, because I'm not planning on being with anyone else, and if you feel the same, I think it's time."

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

"I want us to be married before you die"

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Kaaaarrrrrlllll!!!

sorry I had to :D

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Thank you! If I had listened to a lot of women, I wouldn't be married to my love right now. I heard over and over that I was a fool for waiting almost 7 years and that he was never going to fully commit, and that I was a slut for having a baby with him when it was obvious he wasn't serious, and blah blah blah, so it feels good. :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. Congrats!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

We've been together since high school, so we started talking about getting married after we had been together for about 3 years. We just never really made it a concrete plan. We "officially" got engaged a year ago, and got married 14 days ago, but he didn't really propose. It was more of a, "Hey, you ready to get married, because I'm not planning on being with anyone else, and if you feel the same, I think it's time."

luvsmykids2526

LOL!!!

Quoting thetrollcat:

whip his dong out and said... marry it BITCH!

Jessica_Esqueda

It was pretty monumental. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. I think that ranks right up there with mine :)

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Yep! 

Quoting Anonymous:

He IMed you asking?

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Yahoo messenger. 

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

During sex.  I said yes, then we went and ordered an engagement ring.

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

We have never discussed marriage and were still young so I was beyond surprised when my dh asked.  He picked me up for a date as usual but I could tell almost right away that something was up because he was acting weird.  We went to dinner and his behaviour got worse.  He was so nervous that it kind of clicked there and then that he probably wants to say something serious to me.  After dinner we went for scenic drive and he stopped at a nice viewpoint and asked me - I said no.  Poor guy. After working up the nerve to ask I said no.  He kept on asking over the next few month and to this day I tell him he nagged me into marriage lol.  It's all good though, we've been married over 24 years now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)