Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how did your so propose??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Mine? He changed the background on my phone. It always said how much I loved in different ways, I woke up one morning and checked my phone, he'd changed it to "marry me". I told him yes later that night with a new pair of white frilly boy shorts, I'd written yes on them and told him he had to strip me that night to find his answer.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Replies (61-70):
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM

We talked about it after 6 months of dating.  Just bring it up in conversation "when we get married."  After a year and a half of dating, we were at the mall one day and I stopped at a jewelry store I used to work at to say hi to everyone.  As I was talking to one of the ladies, Daniel was talking to one of the guys.  He called for me, I went over (he was in front of the engagement rings) and told me to pick one out.  I asked if he was joking.  He said he was serious and wanted me to have the one he wanted and Brad was showing him some.  I picked the one, we left it there to be sized and picked up in a week.  I was with him when he picked it up and he told me I could only put it on to be sure it was right.  Then he took it!  And carried it with him for a week!  He picked me up one morning to take me to my new job.  We got there early and were sitting in the truck talking.  He said, "Oh, I forgot to ask you something last night." I asked what it was and he took the ring out and said "I forgot to ask if you would spend the rest of your life with me."  Yeah, made for an awesome work day! 

SlightlyPerfect
Today at 12:02 PM
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I proposed.

slightlyperfect

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Perfectly acceptable then lol.

Quoting Michelle_R:

No worries I though it was just too cute form his part, The Bear My childern is an inside joke from an Anime we both Love!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my. I'm glad it worked for you, I don't think I'd have been happy with the whole bear my children part tho.

No judging btw, just stating my opinion

Quoting Michelle_R:

We were dating snice my fresheman year in 06 in 09, my Dh picked me up at my parents house i seen a box shape on his pocket. He took me to the movies on Our 3 year Annivsary! We got our tickets to see Couples Retreat after we got snacks and found a place to sit, we talked for a few mins. Then he said Michelle will you bear my children, then got on down on one knee holding one of my hands and a box with a ring inside on the other. He was shaking and he stopped breathing, I said yeah and kissed him. Then i looked at his left hand and though well his needs a ring too!!!

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

There was no proposal honestly. We just decided we wanted to get married, bought a ring, and got married at the JP a few months later! It was perfect for us!

AmesCSki
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
My DH proposed to me on the top of Loveland Pass at the Continental Divide. We had been skiing that day and we were both wearing sweatpants! He proposed with a ring pop because he couldn't wait to propose, I got my diamond a week later :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I didn't get proposed to. I found a picture of the wedding ring I put on his finger the day we got married and told him the only way he was getting that ring was if he married me. I found the bridal set I wanted just a week later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
How? Personally I'm a little old fashioned, I couldn't have asked him

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I proposed.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
LOL, sounds like SO and I. Been together 7yrs, 3 kids, and are currently planning our wedding for this November;just waiting for my ring to be ready to make it officiall! Congrats! It's so nice to be able to rub it in everyone's face..

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Thank you! If I had listened to a lot of women, I wouldn't be married to my love right now. I heard over and over that I was a fool for waiting almost 7 years and that he was never going to fully commit, and that I was a slut for having a baby with him when it was obvious he wasn't serious, and blah blah blah, so it feels good. :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. Congrats!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

We've been together since high school, so we started talking about getting married after we had been together for about 3 years. We just never really made it a concrete plan. We "officially" got engaged a year ago, and got married 14 days ago, but he didn't really propose. It was more of a, "Hey, you ready to get married, because I'm not planning on being with anyone else, and if you feel the same, I think it's time."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is there a dead human in here? Karl... what did you do?

lol

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Kaaaarrrrrlllll!!!

sorry I had to :D

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Thank you! If I had listened to a lot of women, I wouldn't be married to my love right now. I heard over and over that I was a fool for waiting almost 7 years and that he was never going to fully commit, and that I was a slut for having a baby with him when it was obvious he wasn't serious, and blah blah blah, so it feels good. :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. Congrats!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

We've been together since high school, so we started talking about getting married after we had been together for about 3 years. We just never really made it a concrete plan. We "officially" got engaged a year ago, and got married 14 days ago, but he didn't really propose. It was more of a, "Hey, you ready to get married, because I'm not planning on being with anyone else, and if you feel the same, I think it's time."

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Congratz on making it beyond people's expectations! I hope your wedding is awesome!

Quoting alexsmomma06:

LOL, sounds like SO and I. Been together 7yrs, 3 kids, and are currently planning our wedding for this November;just waiting for my ring to be ready to make it officiall! Congrats! It's so nice to be able to rub it in everyone's face..

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. Congrats!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)