Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did your so propose??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Mine? He changed the background on my phone. It always said how much I loved in different ways, I woke up one morning and checked my phone, he'd changed it to "marry me". I told him yes later that night with a new pair of white frilly boy shorts, I'd written yes on them and told him he had to strip me that night to find his answer.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Replies (71-80):
Kat31
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I proposed to my ex-husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by Babushka Blockparty on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I wanted to be engaged, so I asked him.

I was teaching at the time, so I got my students together to write persuasive essays on why he should marry me, I got him a white-gold ring with a diamond, called his mom to get her approval, and then I asked him after I made him read all the essays.

Why do you feel you couldn't propose?

Quoting Anonymous:

How? Personally I'm a little old fashioned, I couldn't have asked him

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I proposed.

slightlyperfect

WithHope
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM
With a scrabble board in the airport parking lot. He had big plans but I got stranded for 34 hours in another state. I got off the plane (20 minutes before I had to be at work), ran to the truck, opened the door and there it was. I turned around to say "what's this?" And he was down on one knee. He asked my daughters permission too and she said "not today..." But then he gave her a bracelet and she consented. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Acted like we had a flat tire pulled on the side of the road in the cold and rain and asked me on one knee.

We had just picked my ring out he said I couldn't have it till mothers day so it was a surprise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
That's adorable. :)
I don't know. It's just not me. I always dreamed about the guy proposing to me. Never could see myself doing the proposing

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I wanted to be engaged, so I asked him.

I was teaching at the time, so I got my students together to write persuasive essays on why he should marry me, I got him a white-gold ring with a diamond, called his mom to get her approval, and then I asked him after I made him read all the essays.

Why do you feel you couldn't propose?

Quoting Anonymous:

How? Personally I'm a little old fashioned, I couldn't have asked him

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I proposed.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
He picked me up from the airport and had our apartment all clean, table set, and dinner and flowers waiting. Once we sat he pulled out the ring and proposed.
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

mine called a radio station during their nightly program. that night's episode was "what's the craziest thing you've ever done". he told the radio personalities he was about to propose to his fiance on live radio. the radio station called me at my parents house and he asked me on air. I said yes, they played our song and 20 minutes later all our friends were calling us asking if they really heard up on air.

I'm an atheistic Humanist.
I love being opinionated about a lot of things.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy & Down Syndrome.
I am: Lactose & Alcohol intolerant.
Nikki286
by Tosya on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

it was my christmas present  he tricked me with heavy rock in the box so i thought it was somehting large and opened it up to find a ring in a ring box nestled in paper with a note saying will you marry me 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Forget the proposal! I want the rest of that!! Lol

Quoting KairisMama:

He picked me up from the airport and had our apartment all clean, table set, and dinner and flowers waiting. Once we sat he pulled out the ring and proposed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Ex-husband didn't propose, we just agreed on it.

This time around, I'm hoping the guy does it in the middle of one of amazing his back rubs when there is not a chance in hell I could say no lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured