Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how did your so propose??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Mine? He changed the background on my phone. It always said how much I loved in different ways, I woke up one morning and checked my phone, he'd changed it to "marry me". I told him yes later that night with a new pair of white frilly boy shorts, I'd written yes on them and told him he had to strip me that night to find his answer.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Replies (81-88):
StacyO722
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM

We had shopped for the ring together, so I knew it was coming. I didn't know he had picked it up though. One night I got home after work, took off my shoes and was sitting on the couch. He came out wearing sweatpants and no shirt. Somewhere he had hidden the ring box. He had this goofy look on his face, he sat down next to me, put my feet up on his lap and said "This is for you. Will you marry me?" of course I said yes :) We were both in tears. It was so him.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
We were at his birthday party surrounded by his family and he gave me this stupid sideways smirk and grabbed my hand and was like do you love me?
I said what do you want? (I thought he was trying g to butter me up so he could make a beer run)
He then got down on one knee and like 5 people squeaked and his cousin started crying and his sister got in my face snapping pictures and he said "will you marry me?" I didn't speak for a few minutes. And he started sweating and said baby will you answer me please I'm gonna pass out!
I spent 10 minutes yelling at him cause I thought he was joking and had did this horrible joke in front of his whole family. I did say yes. After I told him I'd kill him if he was messing with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ratchetlee
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Too long to type out~!!!

But it was awesome!!!

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM

At a restaurant.  My eyes filled with tears because the first thing I though about was that my sister, who had died the previous year, wouldn't be able to be there. 

lilliannsmom1
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM
In a liquor store...
He had put the ring in my purse earlier that day and when I went to get my phone I found it. I asked "what's this?" And he gave me a cheesy smile and shrugged his shoulders.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ivy801
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

That night did not go as plan, we had to go to a wake for a young cousin who was killed, he tried to take me out but forgot it was Valentines and restaurants were packed finally he gave up and got down on one knee in the parking lot. I thought it was romantic. He celebrates that day as the day we got engage not Valentines. He forgets our anniversary but always remembers that one day.

SlightlyPerfect
by Babushka Blockparty on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:52 AM

A lot of my friends said to the same thing to me when I told them I was going to propose. In the end you get married (hopefully), so I don't really see the difference. What's your reason for waiting?

I have a friend who has been waiting 4 years--4. I don't get it. 4 years of her life is being dictated by some dude.

Another friend said she wanted to "feel special," and I told her "if you need a proposal to do that, you're not marrying the right person." (Coincidentally, she got divorced in 2010.)

Another person said it was "tradition.' None of these arguments hold any merit for me; they don't make sense. So I'm curious what yours is.

Quoting Anonymous:

I always dreamed about the guy proposing to me. Never could see myself doing the proposing

slightlyperfect

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:24 AM
I'm married (op here) ... Have been for going on 4 years, march is 4 years... I just couldn't do the proposing myself. He managed to ask me about 6 months before I got pregnant with our first. Had he not asked me before I was pregnant, it'd be another year before I would have married him. If we weren't at least engaged before I was pregnant I told him I wouldn't marry him until that child was at least 5 years old

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

A lot of my friends said to the same thing to me when I told them I was going to propose. In the end you get married (hopefully), so I don't really see the difference. What's your reason for waiting?

I have a friend who has been waiting 4 years--4. I don't get it. 4 years of her life is being dictated by some dude.

Another friend said she wanted to "feel special," and I told her "if you need a proposal to do that, you're not marrying the right person." (Coincidentally, she got divorced in 2010.)

Another person said it was "tradition.' None of these arguments hold any merit for me; they don't make sense. So I'm curious what yours is.

Quoting Anonymous:

I always dreamed about the guy proposing to me. Never could see myself doing the proposing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)