Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

persability and experiments

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
What words do your children create or reinvent?

"We all have different personalities and persabilities, mother." When asked what a persability was, she explained it as "a person's capabilties, of course" she's 5
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

my son just uses the wrong forms of words....like I "ridded" instead of I rode....stuff like that....basically the words that are the exceptions he doesn't quite get that yet....

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Valentines day is still Valentimes Day
My favorite is bale-e-ing suit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Fishwater. Everytime we would drive over a river or pass a lake or pond my dd would say "look mom, fishwater". 

Memart (walmart). Same dd always called it memart

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

my daughter called flip-flops "floppies" when she was younger.  5 years later & my entire extended family calls them floppies now.  other than that, no invented words.  my son is still young enough to mispronounce words though...the highway is the "hall way", cinnamon is cimmanon...stuff like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I get that too. Do you correct him?

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

my son just uses the wrong forms of words....like I "ridded" instead of I rode....stuff like that....basically the words that are the exceptions he doesn't quite get that yet....

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

sometimes I do, other times I let it slide, hes 4, and English is a complex language, I figure he will get it eventually. and so far most of the corrections havn't stuck....hes just applying the rules as he knows them and he doesnt understand about the exceptions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Love the hall way. Too cute

Quoting almondpigeon:

my daughter called flip-flops "floppies" when she was younger.  5 years later & my entire extended family calls them floppies now.  other than that, no invented words.  my son is still young enough to mispronounce words though...the highway is the "hall way", cinnamon is cimmanon...stuff like that.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

that really should be added to the dictionary, makes sense to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Had trouble there as well. Good luck. He'll get it

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

sometimes I do, other times I let it slide, hes 4, and English is a complex language, I figure he will get it eventually. and so far most of the corrections havn't stuck....hes just applying the rules as he knows them and he doesnt understand about the exceptions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol its warmart in our house

Quoting wrensong:

Fishwater. Everytime we would drive over a river or pass a lake or pond my dd would say "look mom, fishwater". 

Memart (walmart). Same dd always called it memart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN