Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hispanic women can't cook

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just kidding, they are some of the best cooks I have ever met.

Sooo, does anyone have a good Spanish rice recipe they would like to share with me, please? I went looking but I would like first hand experience.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I love my mil spanish rice. People always ask her to make it. I have no idea how though.
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
8 moms liked this
I was about to say !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
No but gotta tell a story now. Dh got asked by a Hispanic lady if he'd like some spaghetti and he's like sure (I'm Italian keep in mind) he said she brought it and left he tasted it and spit it out. I said to him your just used to getting the best ask her for some enchiladas or some other Hispanic meal and she will out do me any day. :)
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Lol, your title put the permanent "that's fucking bullshit" look on my face. When I lived in Arizona I spent most of my time at my friends house because they always had beans on the stove and fresh tortillas. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I live in AZ.  We use canned diced tomatoes and chicken broth (the kind that is in a spice shaker). 

twoblues
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Quoting aprilsalcro:

I was about to say !

Me too! They're the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this

If I became weathly, the first person I would hire is a Mexican woman to cook for me!

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Lol, your title put the permanent "that's fucking bullshit" look on my face. When I lived in Arizona I spent most of my time at my friends house because they always had beans on the stove and fresh tortillas. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
brown white rice add 2 tablespoons chicken bullion powder 1 can of tomato sauce. salt if you'd like. this is the easiest recipe :-)
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never met a mexican women who couldnt make one hell of an enchilida plate.

Chan_Brawner88
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Put some oil in a pan, brown the rice, onions and garlic. Slowly add chicken stock, tomato sauce and I use a can of rotel.... Let boil and then cover and cook on low fifteen minutes or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)