Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever had plantar fasciitis?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I'm a runner, and since November I have been getting a stabbing pain in my left heel...it's been worsening to the point that I feel it all day long. I'm convinced its plantar fasciitis. Has anyone here dealt with that? I am making an appt tomorrow to see my doctor, and have stopped my runs for now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Bump!
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I did. I had to have shots in my heel and taped up my arch. It didn't help me and I had surgery but if you catch it early you can get orthodics for your shoe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM

My father and I both have it. I take naproxen every morning and I am usually pretty good to go. Make sure you have excellent shoes and invest in a good foot soak for the end of the day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Left heel? Does it go away after a few steps? I have plantar fasciitis and a bone spur and the bone spur is what gives me the pain you are describing. I wear insoles and that helps and since working out I've noticed a difference with the plantar fasciitis. I want to have surgery to remove the bone spur, the pain is so horrible. 

idareyou
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I had it but I don't run. I had pain running up into my leg too though. It was an easy "fix" for me - I had to buy good tennis shoes, wear them instead of any other shoe for a while, stretch it a few times through the day, and tape my foot/ankle to hold it at a 90 degree angle when I slept to keep the muscle stretched, instead of letting it relax and let the muscle shrink. My dr. said in extreme cases people have to buy high-top shoes and wear those to bed (that's why I taped - to prevent having to do that).

sadiebug1228
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
No but I'm a massage therapist and massage would help some with pain but make sure u get the drs ok first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I do and it sucks. They will tell you to do stretches and that they can do cortezone shots every 6 months or so. Stretching helps a little, but not a lot. Make sure you buy inserts for your shoes, and that you don't wear a lot of high heels or shoes with little padding.

Other than that, I still have problems. I can't be on my feet for more than 2 hrs without pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Left heel? Does it go away after a few steps? I have plantar fasciitis and a bone spur and the bone spur is what gives me the pain you are describing. I wear insoles and that helps and since working out I've noticed a difference with the plantar fasciitis. I want to have surgery to remove the bone spur, the pain is so horrible. 

Yes, left heel. The pain gets more tolerable during the day...but when I first stand after sitting or resting its unbearable!
squeekers
anyone in BC Canada? Hope you're ok after that 6.6 quake: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usb000px6r#summary
Today at 12:24 AM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

dh had pttd surgery and he was told it can be similar to that, but in a different part of the foot. i sympathise with your pain.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
No but I do have a bone spur. And finally after a year of pain its feeling better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured