Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take to meet each other's parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We met on a Monday.  
We went on a platonic date with friends on Tuesday night.
He met my parents on Friday night for our first date (I did not live with my parents, but they were throwing a party, so he brought them a 6 pk of Natty Light:).

I met his mom a month later, she lives about 6 hours away, and we slept in the same bed, his mom was cool.

We got married about 2 weeks after I met his mom.  

We're still married, going on 3 years.

Share your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
Myhumblestart
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
He met my parents the day I met him.I met his mom and brothers(families too) a couple days later,met his dad,sm,sister about a month later.I love them all and that was 7 yrs afo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
4 months I was 14 he was 16
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
We started dating in Feb, met his parents in May. They were thrilled about us dating at first, as he had just gotten divorced, but they got over it and we have a great relationship. Been together 12 years
aikimomof3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

He met my dad about 1 month after we started dating. I lived with my dad at the time, and he invited Dan over for dinner to meet him. OMG Dan was so nervous, he couldn't even eat.

He met my mom about 4 months after we started dating. We went to her house for Easter.

I met his parents about 3 months after we started dating, at his mom's 50th birthday party.

We have been together for 13 years, married for 7.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

He knew my parents before we started dating, I met his parents about 6 months after we started dating (they live 14hrs away)

boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

We were friends first so we met each other's parents before we started dating.  Not sure how long though, we met when we were 10, first dated at 13, so it was somewhere in there lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I knew his parents before I knew him. He met my mom before we started dating.
newmommy7608
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Actually to be completly honest...my hubby of almost 6 years met my ENTIRE (grandparents,parents,brothers,sister) family on our very first date and first time meeting lol..we met online and decided to meet at a restraunt my whole family is close so for safety reasons because I was only 19 we all decided to just meet at the same time....he was totally ok with it lol..him and my family now are very close....I met his family about 2 weeks later!!!!

Kris_PBG
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I don't remember... Maybe his parents after a week or two, mine after a month or two?

We've been together for 14 years, married for 12.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM

He met my parents 2 months in. I'm meeting his parents next month! I'm so excited! We've been together for 2 years now and I feel guilty that it's taken this long to meet them, but they also live across the country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured