Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did it take to meet each other's parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We met on a Monday.  
We went on a platonic date with friends on Tuesday night.
He met my parents on Friday night for our first date (I did not live with my parents, but they were throwing a party, so he brought them a 6 pk of Natty Light:).

I met his mom a month later, she lives about 6 hours away, and we slept in the same bed, his mom was cool.

We got married about 2 weeks after I met his mom.  

We're still married, going on 3 years.

Share your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Our families went to church together so I knew his parents before we began dating. Our parents were incredibly strict so all our dates were parental supervised lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM
We've known each other since we were 4 so we've always known each others parents lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I think he met my parents a week in and we went and stayed at his parents for a week at Christmas a month after we started dating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM

We were room mates, so he met my mom before we even got together.

One night, we went from being room mates to admitting how we felt about each other and just getting engaged.

That was in 2005.  I met his dad in 2007, and his mom in 2012 (they lived in Virginia and were going through a divorce, so didn't travel together).  I may not have met them right away but I did talk to them frequently on the phone.

Hubby and I are still going strong!

LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I actualy met my husbands mom before I ever really talked to my husband. I had been over to their house just to hang out with her after church. We married about 7 years later. Lol his father passed away a few years before we had met though. And I worked with his grandma also before we even began dating.
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I met him THROUGH my parents...so they knew him before I did.

I met his parents a few weeks after we started dating.

KeriAZ
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I knew my ex and his family since I was little. Divorced 4yrs ago after 16 yrs of a hellish marriage.
VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM
He met my parents a few weeks into dating. I met his at thanksgiving when we went together to his parents. Tha was about 2 months into dating. We were in college at the time. It's been over 16 years now.
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I met his mom and sister before I met him. I just met his dad in Nov 2012. He met my mom and step dad a couple of months after we started dating. He knows my bio father but I dont. We have beed together for 10 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myloves.050709
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I actually knew his mom before I knew him.  Her and I worked together when I was 16.  I met him when he would come up there.  I didn't like him at first, lol.  We started dating when we were 19.  He probably met my parents after a few weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)