Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did it take to meet each other's parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We met on a Monday.  
We went on a platonic date with friends on Tuesday night.
He met my parents on Friday night for our first date (I did not live with my parents, but they were throwing a party, so he brought them a 6 pk of Natty Light:).

I met his mom a month later, she lives about 6 hours away, and we slept in the same bed, his mom was cool.

We got married about 2 weeks after I met his mom.  

We're still married, going on 3 years.

Share your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
reava
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I met his mom the day I met him (at a 4th of july bbq) I met his dad 5 months later. He met my parents 2 weeks after I met him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

We met at the park when we were 11, we met each others families really quickly and practically grew up in each others houses. We were best friends until we were 20 and went on our first date, married and became parents at 21. 14 years and 7 children later...still my best friend :) 

GrimmLotus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I don't remember

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I met his mom the same night I met him. We met on a dating site, and we talked on the phone for a month or so before meeting. We planned on going snowboarding for a first date, and I drove up on Christmas break to meet him (he lived 4 hours away from me). I spent the night at his place so we could get up early and go the next morning. He slept downstairs on the couch and I slept in his room. He had actually just moved down with his mom from Alaska a month before, and the house his mom got was a duplex, so he was going to rent the downstairs from her for a while. Anyway, we decided to date exclusively, and we got married 3 years (and a 6 month break-up) later. We've been happily married for 8 years. 

photo po0zx0zg5c7vrr_zps9c785bd5.png
reava
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Awww sweetest story ever.

Quoting bcoll:

We met at the park when we were 11, we met each others families really quickly and practically grew up in each others houses. We were best friends until we were 20 and went on our first date, married and became parents at 21. 14 years and 7 children later...still my best friend :) 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I couldn't tell you. I met him about an hour before I met his parents I guess. Could have been longer or at the same time.

Nikki286
by Tosya on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM

He met my parents and kiddo on the second date because he picked me and her up and we dropped her off at my parents house since my car was in the shop and we were going to dinner. I met his mom 7 months in cause she lives out of state.  he met my brothers on the second date too so yeah Im surprised we continued dating lol.. my brothers dont play nice with guys i date they gave him a harder time then anyone else cause my daughters dad 

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM

His Mom and Dad passed before we met.

He met my Dad two years after we met. 

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I do love our story.

Quoting reava:

Awww sweetest story ever.

Quoting bcoll:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM
He met my mom the night of our first date. I met his family probably a month or so after we started dating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)