Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did it take to meet each other's parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We met on a Monday.  
We went on a platonic date with friends on Tuesday night.
He met my parents on Friday night for our first date (I did not live with my parents, but they were throwing a party, so he brought them a 6 pk of Natty Light:).

I met his mom a month later, she lives about 6 hours away, and we slept in the same bed, his mom was cool.

We got married about 2 weeks after I met his mom.  

We're still married, going on 3 years.

Share your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
LadyF86
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM

If I were your mother, I would of told you to dump his ass and find someone that can bring me better beer!!

Oh yea..... He already knew my parents but I met his 7 months after we started dating.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Date 3.
JennyCaps
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Met dh in Sept and married December. My parents didn't meet dh until the following Sept. I met dh's mom a year after we were married and his father 2 years after we married. Going on 5 years married now :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I met his mom before we started dating. She made so many comments the first time trying to hook us up dh was getting so annoyed turns out she was right lol I met his dad a few months after we started dating. He met my mom the same week I met his
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM

His mom didnt want to meet me at all. She hated any girl he was with. He met my parents almost immediately. His mom hated me and my parents hated him at first. Now his mom still hates me and my parents LOVE him. Neither of us are big fans of his mom though. She's no good.

jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I didn't meet dh parents until 2.5 years after we we're married
KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I met his parents after a year nd a half, he met mine a few months later. We were long distance, and he was deployed for almost 16 months, so that's why we waited. Didn't have a choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
o if not for the kids would you have married? do you ever think about that? do you every wonder if he only married you out of sympathy for the kids

Quoting AmyL3469:

I knew his mom before we were dating, he knew mine too. We were friends for a good 4-5 years and worked together. We got together and 6 years and two kids later, finally got married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
He met my parents technically 7 years after we originally met, but he met my dad and step mom a few weeks before we started dating and my mom and step dad 4 months after we started dating.
Unfortunately both of his parents are dead, so I will not get the chance to meet them. I have met one of his sisters, and she loves me.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
We met each other's parents before we made things official. We were still in high school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)