Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take to meet each other's parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We met on a Monday.  
We went on a platonic date with friends on Tuesday night.
He met my parents on Friday night for our first date (I did not live with my parents, but they were throwing a party, so he brought them a 6 pk of Natty Light:).

I met his mom a month later, she lives about 6 hours away, and we slept in the same bed, his mom was cool.

We got married about 2 weeks after I met his mom.  

We're still married, going on 3 years.

Share your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (51-60):
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
He met my mom and grandma and grandpa the first time he piled me up to go on a date. He met my dad about 6-ish months later when he came back from deployment. I still haven't met his parents as they live in Samoa. We will be married 4 years in March.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
He met my mom like a year before we started dating.

8 years or so later, 5 of those married, I have never met his parents. I have talked to them though
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I was still living at home when we started dating, so he met mine on our first date, when he picked me up. I didn't meet his four several months.
BraydensMama163
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
We met on a Friday. On Sunday he caught a glimpse of my mom when he picked me up and Monday I got all my stuff from my moms and moved in with him
His mom showed up a week later and looked thru his trash for condoms....and so it began.

Its been 5 years. We just celebrated our third wedding anniversary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StacyO722
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM

We started dating in the beginning of Dec, met his parents Christmas eve and he met mine on Christmas day.

That's 6 years ago now :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I met his mom after we got married..he met my Dad the day after we met and started dating. He didn't meet my mom until almost a year after we'd gotten married because she lives in another state and we eloped.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I met his within a month of dating. I knew him for a couple years before we got together because we worked together.

He didn't meet my parents until I was 5 months pregnant. (Dad and step mom)
He still has not met my mom, but he will in April after 4 years of us being together.
Kitschy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM

His parents lived a thousand miles away. They flew out to meet me after we had been together about 7 months. I think he met my parents when I brought him to our family Christmas party. We had been together about 3 months at that point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
He met my parents within a month. I met his parents when they came to town for our wedding lol
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

my mother always put the fear of HER in me so when i first met my dh, I immediately invited him & his buddy over to meet mom & dad, after I got off from work. my folks liked the two guys, invited them to sup with us, let the two guys watch TV in our house until it got so late my father refused to allow them to drive home. the buddy slept on the floor where he conked, future dh was offered the spare bedroom. the following morning, after my mother fed them breakfast and told them it was ok to leave, i walked out to their car, leaned in and told C the next time he came back, leave his friend at home. I met dh's father within the first month we knew each other.

10 months later we married. 23+ yrs later we are still married.

I'm an atheistic Humanist.
I love being opinionated about a lot of things.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy & Down Syndrome.
I am: Lactose & Alcohol intolerant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured