Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did it take to meet each other's parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We met on a Monday.  
We went on a platonic date with friends on Tuesday night.
He met my parents on Friday night for our first date (I did not live with my parents, but they were throwing a party, so he brought them a 6 pk of Natty Light:).

I met his mom a month later, she lives about 6 hours away, and we slept in the same bed, his mom was cool.

We got married about 2 weeks after I met his mom.  

We're still married, going on 3 years.

Share your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (61-70):
JakobLukasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
The first day I met him! They taught at the private boarding high school I met him at when I was 15.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Not to that point yet.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

We were both adults, I was divorced with a small child.  He had left his home (and home state) to get away from his family. His mother had died before we got together (he left at 17).  He met my mother about 4 months after we started dating (but we had already known each other from work for 1 1/2 years).  I didn't meet his father for another 3 years.

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I met his mom after a year. He met mine a few weeks later.
momwith2monkeys
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

we met because of his parents. i knew his parent before i met him. He met my parent the night we met.

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I met DH's parents a couple of weeks after we started dating.  We had plans to go to a nightclub so I was dressed for that.  After we're in the car, he says "Oh, I told my mom we'd stop by my uncle's birthday party."  Great....my first time meeting the family and I'm dressed like a hooker (okay not really but was in nightclub attire - short tight dress, high heels, hair and makeup done up).  His cousin looked at me and said "My mom doesn't let me dress like that."  I told her that at 13, she shouldn't be dressing like that but that I was 25 so it was a little different.

KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I met his parents about a week into. He met mine about 3 months into. We were 16/17. We've been together for 12 1/2 years, married for 7 1/2 years.

what's the secret? how did you guys remain strong so long?
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
DH met my parents the same day we met, he was driving my friend into town who was being treated for breast cancer and my parents were at my Grandmothers when I got home (I lived across the street). I met his parents 2 months later because they invited me to their anniversary party, then MIL had the audacity to tell DH that we had to sleep in the garage because they had a last minute guest come into town and they were saying in his room. They never came to the house, they got a hotel. I've hated MIL ever since.
mom_of_one_boy
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I met his mom 3 months in. I was pregnant with ds and she came from out of state. 4 months later SO and i move down to where his mom lived. I had my son and two weeks after ds was born SO got to meet my mom and brother as they came from out of state to see the new baby :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlm2676
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I met his mom a couple of days after we met. I'm not sure when I met his dad, I would imagine shortly after that. He met my mom at my high school graduation. We have been together 19 years and married 14 years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)