Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did it take to meet each other's parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We met on a Monday.  
We went on a platonic date with friends on Tuesday night.
He met my parents on Friday night for our first date (I did not live with my parents, but they were throwing a party, so he brought them a 6 pk of Natty Light:).

I met his mom a month later, she lives about 6 hours away, and we slept in the same bed, his mom was cool.

We got married about 2 weeks after I met his mom.  

We're still married, going on 3 years.

Share your stories!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (71-80):
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM

We neither one were in contact with our parents, so meeting the parents were not an issue. I didn't meet his parents until we'd been married 3 years(and had 3 kids lol) and she called me trailer trash(never lived in trailer actually but ok lol). He's met my mom once and it was when she showed up at our house uninvited screaming, cussing, and calling me names like the psycho she is! My mom and dad are gone(the psycho at the front door was my sorry excuse for a biological mother, my step mom raised me though). 

jlm2676
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I should add, my mom and his mom graduated high school together. I believe they had English class together.

Quoting jlm2676:

I met his mom a couple of days after we met. I'm not sure when I met his dad, I would imagine shortly after that. He met my mom at my high school graduation. We have been together 19 years and married 14 years.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jebekarue
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

We met Feb 3, 1995, he gave me a promise ring on Feb 13, 95.  He proposed to me on March 3, 95.  He met my parents March 5.  I didn't meet his mom until April 6th, 95 the day before our April 7th 1995 wedding, she lives 20 hours away.  Yep really quick and I wasn't pregnant.  2 months together before the wedding.  I didn't meet his dad until near the end of may when we flew out for a visit before we got stationed in Key West, FL.  Will be married 18 years April 7th.

pampire
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM

He proably met my mom a few months after we started hanging out.  I think I "met" his aunt Marla by phone before I met his mom.  Not sure how long after we got together I first spoke to his mom (she lives in another country.)  I met her in person for the first time 11/09 at a family function we flew to CA for.  Met most of the family all in one go!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM

2 months to meet my mom, 4 months to meet my dad - i was nervous to bring guys around my dad.. he and I never got along.   but it worked out perfectly fine.

I met his parents 1 month after dating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Quoting KaylasMama11:

Quoting Anonymous:

I met his parents about a week into. He met mine about 3 months into. We were 16/17. We've been together for 12 1/2 years, married for 7 1/2 years.

what's the secret? how did you guys remain strong so long?

I guess it depends on the day as to what my answer would be. 1. We both knew going into it that we didn't want to ever have to get a divorce, so no matter what happens we know we have to make it work. We know we have to put in what we want to get out of it. We haven't had any issues with infidelity. I think on my part because the 'reward' isn't worth the fall out. I don't know why he hasn't cheated, hopefully because he loves me and I'm enough for him, maybe because he also doesn't think the 'reward' is worth the fall out. Maybe because he wouldn't want me to cheat on him so he wouldn't do that to me. We also tell each other almost everything. If I'm having a bad day and you ask I would probably say that it's because we're too poor to get a divorce. We did counseling for a while and I think it helped how we communicate. We don't need to be actively going anymore but we will check in every now and then. We've also gotten to a point in our sex life that it doesn't matter if one of us doesn't want to do it, if the other does we do it. And it's not like, well I'll lay here and you do what ever, we give each other advance notice and we get into the mood. We also actively talk about what we want to do and try in bed and then we do them. It took about 9 years but we had butt sex and I enjoyed it, after about a thousand previous attempts (ok that was a little exaggerated).

fanci64
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:55 AM

My parents were both deceased when we met so he never met mine, and we have  been together 12 years married for 10 and I have never met his family, except for his children, of course. Hi  parents and entire family besides his girls live on the other side of the country from us. we live in Washington and they live in Georgia. We have offered  to have his parents come up to visit but his mother refuses to travel. So until we have the chance  to do so together that's ho  it is. My husband's been home a few times to visit. It has just never  works  out that we could go together.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:51 AM
We met in November, started dating in April, got married in August. I met his parents a week after we married, he met mine the December after we married. That was over 11 years ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM

I met DH's parents about 3 weeks after we started dating. DH met my mom (my dad had passed away a year before DH and I met) about a week after we started dating.

DH and I have been together for 11 years, married for 6 1/2 years.

SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM

almost 10 yrs still never met them. spoken to them once or twice tho.

they live in another country

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)