Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If the parent is held accountable why cant the school be.also?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies
If you get in trouble for your child being late or absent why arent they charging the school also for doing nothing if a child cuts a class?why is the parent responsible if they got their child to school on time .i have a hs child.and he cut class and I argued with the school.over this.its ridiculous the school should also be held accountable but they dont care because he showed up so they get their funds.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Sorry for any miss spelling my touch.screen sucks.
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
10 moms liked this

Because you are the parent. You can control your child, they can't. Your child is in high school, he is the one who should be held accountable, yell at him, not the school. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
They have security so if a child leaves campus than they should be held accountable.they are being paid to have your child at school.and fyi I have told my student I have also told the school.i wanted my son in the trouble maker school so he cant leave class what so ever and guess what they denied it.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Because you are the parent. You can control your child, they can't. Your child is in high school, he is the one who should be held accountable, yell at him, not the school. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM
4 moms liked this

The school is not your baby daddy! 

Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Why are you not holding your child accountable? Security is to keep the school safe - not babysit every child scheming to get out. Furthermore - not all kids who cut class even leave the building!

Quoting Anonymous:

They have security so if a child leaves campus than they should be held accountable.they are being paid to have your child at school.and fyi I have told my student I have also told the school.i wanted my son in the trouble maker school so he cant leave class what so ever and guess what they denied it.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM
5 moms liked this
maybe if you did not rely on the school to be the parent, and you actually did your job as a parent, your kid might be responsable to go to school like a normal kid...instead of wanting it tobe a prison??
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I am why do you think I wanted to ship him to another strict school with police on campus.he doesnt like a teacher and they have refused to switch his class and I have talked to his teacher had conferences the only person I havent talked to is the dean because other than this issue my son isnt a trouble maker

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Why are you not holding your child accountable? Security is to keep the school safe - not babysit every child scheming to get out. Furthermore - not all kids who cut class even leave the building!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM
They said I couldnt sit with him during classes.i asked so how am I a bad parent he is always on time to school

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe if you did not rely on the school to be the parent, and you actually did your job as a parent, your kid might be responsable to go to school like a normal kid...instead of wanting it tobe a prison??

Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Well, you are saying you want the school responsible, so when you lead with that, it doesn't sound that way...

You want your sons school switched bc he is mishandling a conflict with one teacher?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am why do you think I wanted to ship him to another strict school with police on campus.he doesnt like a teacher and they have refused to switch his class and I have talked to his teacher had conferences the only person I havent talked to is the dean because other than this issue my son isnt a trouble maker

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I think they should call you if he leaves without permission and you should deal with it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)