Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just attention whorin'...

Anyone else donate to Locks of Love? Have pictures?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM

If you ever want to do it again, make it easy for the stylist and fill out a donation form from the website. Just take the form with you to get your hair cut. :)

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Right. I believe it did go to Locks of Love. Just not too sure. All I really remember was my stylist asking the other stylists which donation center took color treated hair.

Quoting honeyrder:

Colored hair is okay, unless it is henna, I believe. And the factory is in Florida.

Quoting NikLvsNick:

I donated last year. I believe it was at least 12 inches. My hair was color treated but they were still able to take it. I forget where it was sent to though.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Never donated my cut hair. Never grows long enough to get that much cut off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to remember that the next time i get my hair cut...in about 2 years. ^_^

Quoting honeyrder:

If you ever want to do it again, make it easy for the stylist and fill out a donation form from the website. Just take the form with you to get your hair cut. :)

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Right. I believe it did go to Locks of Love. Just not too sure. All I really remember was my stylist asking the other stylists which donation center took color treated hair.

Quoting honeyrder:

Colored hair is okay, unless it is henna, I believe. And the factory is in Florida.

Quoting NikLvsNick:

I donated last year. I believe it was at least 12 inches. My hair was color treated but they were still able to take it. I forget where it was sent to though.

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I really don't like salons and girly stuff. Two years is good for me. Just remember that you don't always have to contribute money to charity. Your hair, your blood and your time are valuable to someone!

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to remember that the next time i get my hair cut...in about 2 years. ^_^

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting NikLvsNick:

squeekers
Bad Golf Taking advantage of a balmy day in New York, a priest and three other men of the cloth swapped their clerical garb for polos and khakis and time out on the golf course. After several really horrible shots, their caddy asked, "You guys wouldn't be priests by any chance?" "Actually, yes, we are," one cleric replied. "How did you know?" "Easy," said the caddy, "I've never seen such bad golf and such clean langu
Today at 4:54 AM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I love your hair, just imagining how many wigs your curls could make for Locks of Love.

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

In reality, it will take several people's hair to make one wig. Can you believe it? Thank you, though!

Quoting squeekers:

I love your hair, just imagining how many wigs your curls could make for Locks of Love.

NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't care for salons/girly stuff as well. I get my hair cut at least every 3 years or so. I prefer having long hair anyways.

So very true. I donate blood and plasma as well ^_^

Quoting honeyrder:

I really don't like salons and girly stuff. Two years is good for me. Just remember that you don't always have to contribute money to charity. Your hair, your blood and your time are valuable to someone!

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting NikLvsNick:

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM

You just can't stand it long?

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Never donated my cut hair. Never grows long enough to get that much cut off.

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Added pictures, honey. 

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

Just once.

Lame picture but it shows the length. This was about 7 months before I cut it. 

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I think I look better with long hair, but less professional. When I'm working, it's in a bun, usually. For the short time that it's short, I feel like I look like I should professionally. 

Is that kinda sad?

Quoting NikLvsNick:

i don't care for salons/girly stuff as well. I get my hair cut at least every 3 years or so. I prefer having long hair anyways.

So very true. I donate blood and plasma as well ^_^

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Quoting honeyrder:

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN