Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If I was wrong I'll go apologize.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH left the light on on the stairs.

I turned it off.

He said "leave it on, it's dark without it."

I said "youngest kid is 8, and perfectly capable of finding a light switch. The light will shine in our room and I know this is silly but it's really bright and bothers me. Can we please leave it off?

DH said "I said leave it on."

I said "that's why I have a nite light plugged in on the stairs, so there is some light but not enough to keep me up. its such a small thing but us important to me."

DH said "the bulb is burned out."

So, I replaced the bulb.

DH got mad and said "you just HAVE to make me wrong, I'm sleeping on the couch!"

I said "no, I wasn't trying to do that at all. I'm just trying to find a good solution for both of us. it's called compromise. I give a little. You give a little."

He was like "no it's just all about you! You you you!"

I said, " If I had my way there would be no light. You want a light, so I did the smaller bulb in the night light. If you want, we can just sleep with our door closed and put the big light on."

He said "I'm not sleeping with you, all you care about is yourself."

So I got mad and told him not to bother coming to bed at all, if he wants to punish me for trying to compromise, well he can just stay out there until he remembers I'm not one of the children, and he can't punish me like I am.

If you think I'm wrong, tell me and I'll apologize.
Edited for readability.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Replies (331-334):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM
It wasn't important to him. If it had been, I wouldn't have asked. He never once said it was important to him.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I didn't say go to the store in an ice storm, I said to suck it up for one night.

and buy the eye mask today.

The reason you're in the wrong is because you were unwilling to compromise although it made 0 difference, you are lying if you say that you would not be able to sleep because of a hall light.

FOR ONE NIGHT.

It was obviously important to him, and you just kept pushing and pushing to get your way.
That's whats wrong.

Really it wouldn't hurt ANYONE to just say okay  you want the light on , its important lets leave it on.

You allowed it to blow up into what it was.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was not about to go to the store in an ice storm at 11pm Last night just to buy an eye mask.

And, I'm genuinely asking here, why was it wrong for me to explain how I gelt and ask for a compromise. Keep in mind that he has never said he wanted it on before and he wasn't clear about his intentions. He never even told me he wanted it on until I was tucking in the house.

I really want to know so I don't do it again. Why was the right thing to do to do what he wanted without expressing my feelings?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

DEAL with a bit of light for one night - I know its tough its like being in prison im sure, and go out and BUY one they are 5 bucks, if you need the money let me know ill give it to you.

OR

Sit there and fight with your husband and sleep seperate and make a huge deal out of a little freaking light.

Your choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Everyone assumed I own one.

How can I wear something I don't own?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

If he wants the light on, leave it on and wear  a mask.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Oh, that was obvious when he got into a huge fight over it with you and slept on the couch.

Your marriage.

Good luck.

I certainly see where he's coming from.

Quoting Anonymous:

It wasn't important to him. If it had been, I wouldn't have asked. He never once said it was important to him.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I didn't say go to the store in an ice storm, I said to suck it up for one night.

The reason you're in the wrong is because you were unwilling to compromise although it made 0 difference, you are lying if you say that you would not be able to sleep because of a hall light.

FOR ONE NIGHT.

It was obviously important to him, and you just kept pushing and pushing to get your way.
That's whats wrong.

Really it wouldn't hurt ANYONE to just say okay  you want the light on , its important lets leave it on.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was not about to go to the store in an ice storm at 11pm Last night just to buy an eye mask.

And, I'm genuinely asking here, why was it wrong for me to explain how I gelt and ask for a compromise. Keep in mind that he has never said he wanted it on before and he wasn't clear about his intentions. He never even told me he wanted it on until I was tucking in the house.

I really want to know so I don't do it again. Why was the right thing to do to do what he wanted without expressing my feelings?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

DEAL with a bit of light for one night - I know its tough its like being in prison im sure, and go out and BUY one they are 5 bucks, if you need the money let me know ill give it to you.

OR

Sit there and fight with your husband and sleep seperate and make a huge deal out of a little freaking light.

Your choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Please, I don't see what you're saying. I want to.

Why should I give in and give him his way, when it appears it was important to both of us.

Shouldn't a compromise have been made?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Oh, that was obvious when he got into a huge fight over it with you and slept on the couch.

Your marriage.

Good luck.

I certainly see where he's coming from.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

FOR ONE NIGHT.

That's whats wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

OR

Your choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Paralegaleagle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I think something else is up, hated when I was punished by withholding of feelings from my EX husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)