Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If I was wrong I'll go apologize.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH left the light on on the stairs.

I turned it off.

He said "leave it on, it's dark without it."

I said "youngest kid is 8, and perfectly capable of finding a light switch. The light will shine in our room and I know this is silly but it's really bright and bothers me. Can we please leave it off?

DH said "I said leave it on."

I said "that's why I have a nite light plugged in on the stairs, so there is some light but not enough to keep me up. its such a small thing but us important to me."

DH said "the bulb is burned out."

So, I replaced the bulb.

DH got mad and said "you just HAVE to make me wrong, I'm sleeping on the couch!"

I said "no, I wasn't trying to do that at all. I'm just trying to find a good solution for both of us. it's called compromise. I give a little. You give a little."

He was like "no it's just all about you! You you you!"

I said, " If I had my way there would be no light. You want a light, so I did the smaller bulb in the night light. If you want, we can just sleep with our door closed and put the big light on."

He said "I'm not sleeping with you, all you care about is yourself."

So I got mad and told him not to bother coming to bed at all, if he wants to punish me for trying to compromise, well he can just stay out there until he remembers I'm not one of the children, and he can't punish me like I am.

If you think I'm wrong, tell me and I'll apologize.
Edited for readability.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

So out of respect for him she shouldnt get any fucking sleep?

Quoting LADYxGHOST:

I think you where technically right but maritally wrong. You told you to keep the light on and you did everything to make sure you could turn it off. It can be an affront to his position. I would apologize, not for changing the light, but for disrespecting him.

Euphorikmomma
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Time to break out the Manpons!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM
But he walks all over me! The kids think its my room, not ours, because he sleeps in the living room so much because he's punishing me for one thing or another.

I'm just sick of saying I'm sorry to him when he starts the argument and refuses to talk to me until I beg him to forgive me.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

He's just moody. Everyone gets irritable sometimes. Just say that you didn't mean to upset him and let it go.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM
i understand what you are saying here...but why is his want more important than hers?

Quoting LADYxGHOST:

I think you where technically right but maritally wrong. You told you to keep the light on and you did everything to make sure you could turn it off. It can be an affront to his position. I would apologize, not for changing the light, but for disrespecting him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
surromama
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I don't see a need to apologize. I agree you tried to compromise, he wouldn't budge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I don't think you're wrong, personally.  I think he's PMSing.

Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
You can wear an eye mask. I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

The one about light on the stairs? First time in 2 years living in this house.

Quoting Anonymous:

How often do you guys have this argument?

Then it's not about the light. And you are not wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
But I tried explaining to him that it was important to me to have it off and why.

All he did was try to tell me what to do and then get mad because I didn't do it his way.

Marriage is about compromise. Not about obeying my husbands every command.

Quoting LADYxGHOST:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM
He is acting like a bitch lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)