Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ways to keep socks and shoes on a 17 month old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay,my little man is contantly pulling off his socks and shoes..no matter what the weather if its cold, if its raining..the socks and shoes are off before we even get in the door most the time. He literally throws them off in the store. I tried letting him realize his feet are cold..yeah..it didn't work. Any tips on keeping them on his little feet? I feel terrible letting him go without them, especially in the cold! But its either that  or go chasing socks and shoes across parking lots.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Hightop converse. They were the only shoes I could keep on DSs feet when he was little. 

Good luck! 

SpOtTeRzChiCk89
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Let me know when you find out! Mine always takes her right shoe off but I did notice when she was wearing her princess socks... She left her socks on but not her shoes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KeriAZ
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Super glue
Hyman
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM
My son is 17 mo old and thankfully hasn't decided to do this yet :D

I buy Hanna Anderson socks... I guess they're comfortable? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Ugh..I'm terrified of someone calling CPS on me because of it. So many people comment about it and then I show them the 2 pairs of socks and shoes in my purse, put a pair of socks on him and they are gone!

i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Hmmm. My son is 19 months & since he was walking at 16 months he would wear his shoes. Do his shoes fit him correctly? Have you tried letting him pick his own?
My son recently picked out some tiny lugs (like his dad) & it's war to make him take them off. He tried sleeping with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I always let my DD go without. It was pointless.

balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Time.

Eventually he'll stop and find some new and exciting form of mom torture. My oldest was a shoe and sock tosser. Eventually he "got it." Probably when I let him walk on a cold surface without his shoes and socks. He still takes them off the minute he gets home and he'll be 15 in 3 weeks.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
This

Quoting mommyof11050307:

When you figure it out spread the word. There is no way to keep their socks and shoes on at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM

They fit correctly and as much as he can pick them out he does. The flashy shoes worked for a day...

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Hmmm. My son is 19 months & since he was walking at 16 months he would wear his shoes. Do his shoes fit him correctly? Have you tried letting him pick his own?
My son recently picked out some tiny lugs (like his dad) & it's war to make him take them off. He tried sleeping with them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)