Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ways to keep socks and shoes on a 17 month old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay,my little man is contantly pulling off his socks and shoes..no matter what the weather if its cold, if its raining..the socks and shoes are off before we even get in the door most the time. He literally throws them off in the store. I tried letting him realize his feet are cold..yeah..it didn't work. Any tips on keeping them on his little feet? I feel terrible letting him go without them, especially in the cold! But its either that  or go chasing socks and shoes across parking lots.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Give it up. It's an impossible dream

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Yep. DD is SUPER petite. She's 2 1/2, but also wears fours and has a pair.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they have those in size 4's? He's a tiny baby...

Quoting TheMrs407:

Converse boots, double knotted...it's the only thing that keeps DD in her shoes sometimes

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Don't. When mine takes his shoes off, I tell him children in africa don't have shoes, and I take them and put them in my purse.

pampire
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

It's his preference, just go with it.  I was the same way as a baby and I'm the same way as an adult.  The minute I'm in the house my shoes come off.  I only started keeping socks on all the time in the last few years when I started having really cold toesies.

Lilys_mama1222
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
The little knot holder things.. they are a little ball thst clips onto the bow you tie keeps the kid from untying the bow the plus side is they have bells attached to them lol you know if you don't hear the jingle something is up lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
She does have tiny feet lol my dd is 27 months old and she is in size 8 wide shoes lol then again she was the only premature baby in the nicu that was in size 1 shoes when she was first born haha

Quoting TheMrs407:

Yep. DD is SUPER petite. She's 2 1/2, but also wears fours and has a pair.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they have those in size 4's? He's a tiny baby...

Quoting TheMrs407:

Converse boots, double knotted...it's the only thing that keeps DD in her shoes sometimes

squeekers
http://www.richdemuro.com/home/2014/12/17/how-to-get-a-refund-from-google-play-for-in-app-purchases-your-kids-made-without-your-permission
Yesterday at 12:41 AM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I realize it's a little boy, but if you are living where it has been so very utterly cold lately, put non-colored tights on him. he will not be able to take those off. as for the shoes, if he's mastered velcro and laces, try a strap as a way for his to not know how to unbuckle it?

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay,my little man is contantly pulling off his socks and shoes..no matter what the weather if its cold, if its raining..the socks and shoes are off before we even get in the door most the time. He literally throws them off in the store. I tried letting him realize his feet are cold..yeah..it didn't work. Any tips on keeping them on his little feet? I feel terrible letting him go without them, especially in the cold! But its either that  or go chasing socks and shoes across parking lots.

Right there in yellow, stop "letting" him go without them, he takes them off and you put them right back on him, he takes them off again you put them right back on again, don't give him the option.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I've seriously considered this....its not usually under 50 around here, even in winter...but its been dropping to the 20s at night. And you can only keep footie pajamas on them for so long.

Quoting squeekers:

I realize it's a little boy, but if you are living where it has been so very utterly cold lately, put non-colored tights on him. he will not be able to take those off. as for the shoes, if he's mastered velcro and laces, try a strap as a way for his to not know how to unbuckle it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM
TIGHTS!! Just get black, brown, or tan ones.
My dd used to have this ritual at night where she'd take her socks off and yell at them before tossing them out of her crib and passing out. We put tights in her instead of socks and she'd pass out trying to get those off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN