Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ways to keep socks and shoes on a 17 month old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay,my little man is contantly pulling off his socks and shoes..no matter what the weather if its cold, if its raining..the socks and shoes are off before we even get in the door most the time. He literally throws them off in the store. I tried letting him realize his feet are cold..yeah..it didn't work. Any tips on keeping them on his little feet? I feel terrible letting him go without them, especially in the cold! But its either that  or go chasing socks and shoes across parking lots.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM

If I did that I would be pulling the car over every 5 minutes and never get anything done except keeping his shoes on his feet. I can't stand over him 24/7. Seriously..I refer to the backseat of my car as the place that socks and shoes go to die. 

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay,my little man is contantly pulling off his socks and shoes..no matter what the weather if its cold, if its raining..the socks and shoes are off before we even get in the door most the time. He literally throws them off in the store. I tried letting him realize his feet are cold..yeah..it didn't work. Any tips on keeping them on his little feet? I feel terrible letting him go without them, especially in the cold! But its either that  or go chasing socks and shoes across parking lots.

Right there in yellow, stop "letting" him go without them, he takes them off and you put them right back on him, he takes them off again you put them right back on again, don't give him the option.

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Neither of my kids ever took their shoes off

I would say if you are desperate, duct tape them on.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

When you figure it out spread the word. There is no way to keep their socks and shoes on at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
worship
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Super glue and duct tape really guys come on
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM

My son also loves to take his shoes and socks off in the car, thats ok, but as soon as we stop and I go to get him out his shoes and socks are right back on his feet. I don't worry about shoes and socks in the car, or in the house, but while we are out and about if he takes his stuff off I make him stop what he is doing to put his stuff back on, he doesn't like it but he has no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I did that I would be pulling the car over every 5 minutes and never get anything done except keeping his shoes on his feet. I can't stand over him 24/7. Seriously..I refer to the backseat of my car as the place that socks and shoes go to die. 

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Quoting Anonymous:

Right there in yellow, stop "letting" him go without them, he takes them off and you put them right back on him, he takes them off again you put them right back on again, don't give him the option.

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM

This is a question for the ages lol.  At some point they do stopstop (don't they?).  All you can do is double knot them.

prettymama72106
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Haha you read my mind

Quoting -_-:

Duct tape.

NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Double knots?
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM

My 9 year old DD still hates socks and shoes. She wears them to school and in public when she can't wear sandals. They are the first thing to come off when she walks in the door and the last thing she puts on. It is her preference and always has been.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Sheet metal screws.

Seriously, though, telling him no and putting them back on is really all you can do.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Pantyhose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)