Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways to keep socks and shoes on a 17 month old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay,my little man is contantly pulling off his socks and shoes..no matter what the weather if its cold, if its raining..the socks and shoes are off before we even get in the door most the time. He literally throws them off in the store. I tried letting him realize his feet are cold..yeah..it didn't work. Any tips on keeping them on his little feet? I feel terrible letting him go without them, especially in the cold! But its either that  or go chasing socks and shoes across parking lots.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
Nicky2911
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:16 AM

and tights under pants :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Get lace up instead of velcro and double knot them

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:19 AM

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Lol, sounds linger my almost 29 month old when he was that age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tezell78
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:50 AM
Hell ds is 2 and a half, I STILL can not keep his shoes and socks on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Yes. My daughter has a couple pairs of converse in size 4. We don't have the shoe or sock issue though. I feel for you though. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they have those in size 4's? He's a tiny baby...

Quoting TheMrs407:

Converse boots, double knotted...it's the only thing that keeps DD in her shoes sometimes

mishamama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Tights! Get some brown, black and white ones (or whatever "boyish" colors if you worry about that sort of thing) and put them on under his jeans. Problem solved. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Have you actually had the fit checked or do you think because there is room for his toes they're ok? They may not be wide enough and are irritating him.
AmyD43
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:06 AM
My son wears footed sleepers a lot that at I don't have to find socks and if he takes his shoes off he has the footed part on still. He's 18 months

Also maybe get his feet measured at stride right. Maybe he gas flat free and needs a with

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh..I'm terrified of someone calling CPS on me because of it. So many people comment about it and then I show them the 2 pairs of socks and shoes in my purse, put a pair of socks on him and they are gone!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:46 AM

lol. I think 8 is about average for this age. She's tiny all over (just passed up 20lbs), but her feet are even tiny on her.  She was born just under 5lbs, full term.  I'm very petite and after two days of listening to me worry about DD the nurse said "If you are breeding Shetlands you aren't going to get Clydesdales." 

Quoting Anonymous:

She does have tiny feet lol my dd is 27 months old and she is in size 8 wide shoes lol then again she was the only premature baby in the nicu that was in size 1 shoes when she was first born haha

Quoting TheMrs407:

Yep. DD is SUPER petite. She's 2 1/2, but also wears fours and has a pair.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they have those in size 4's? He's a tiny baby...

Quoting TheMrs407:

Converse boots, double knotted...it's the only thing that keeps DD in her shoes sometimes

jedwards2009
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I bought dd a pair of slippers in her favorite character. (elmo). It worked and she wears them all the time.  Either that or duct tape..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured