Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was your mom a good cook?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When you were a kid? Mine wasnt, haha. She has 3 or 4 things she knows how to make and they are all gross. One year, she let me eat nothing but pizza lunchables, sour cream and onion chips and oreos for every meal. Blech...I guess that's why I'm a stickler for healthy eating now. She would tell people that I was picky and there ass nothing she could get me to eat but the truth was she just didn't cook anything. I will try anything and I'm a real foodie.

She also freezes everything! She'll cook a steak, freeze it, then eat it a month later. Weird to me!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM

idk she never cooked she was to busy whoring around town to cook or even take care of us

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM

My mom was an amazing cook! She loved to cook and she would make so much food when we would all get together after we all move out, that she probably had leftovers for months lol! I miss those days and I miss her so much! I love to cook and use her recipes. I have a whole box of recipes that she wrote out for me and it always makes me smile to pull them out and see her writing but so bittersweet! 

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Mine was and is still the best cook I know. She makes the best homemade spaghetti sauce and chicken corn chowder soup ever. I am going to try to get her to give me her recipies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM
My mom is a great cook but I am not. I'm from the south and I suck at cooking. *hangs head in shame*
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Both of my parents are fantastic cooks. they both taught me most of what I know now. You should have seen my SO's face when he had homemade fried chicken for the first time. And SO loves my spaghetti sauce XD

aniters
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
My mom is an awesome cook. I love her food :) I craved it so bad when I was pregnant -.-
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

My mother was/is a fabulous cook. I learned from her and it makes portion control a bit difficult. The food is soooo good!  :P

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
My mom was and still is an amazing cook. Everything homemade from scratch. Lol since dh met me and my family he has put on 30lbs. He needed it though. He was really skinny. Coincidentally his mother was and is still an awful cook lol
sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM
My mom is a good cook, but my grandma was an amazing cook!!! So I learned from grandma...lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
firefly63701
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Yep, my dad was to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN