Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was your mom a good cook?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When you were a kid? Mine wasnt, haha. She has 3 or 4 things she knows how to make and they are all gross. One year, she let me eat nothing but pizza lunchables, sour cream and onion chips and oreos for every meal. Blech...I guess that's why I'm a stickler for healthy eating now. She would tell people that I was picky and there ass nothing she could get me to eat but the truth was she just didn't cook anything. I will try anything and I'm a real foodie.

She also freezes everything! She'll cook a steak, freeze it, then eat it a month later. Weird to me!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Nope, she still can't cook. Grams was the one to teach me, she was amazing.
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

growing up no, now yes

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

my mother was a wonderful cook, what was so horrible about that was she said i was a horrible child and i was not allowed in the kitchen to see her cook, i might do something stupid. therefore i cant cook well at all.

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
No... Just no...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My mom was a great cook! She actually went to culinary school and studied under a well-known local chef...she was a housewife for most of my childhood, and occasionally took classes for fun. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Yes, she was. But then I was introduce to my MIL's food & OMG, I fell in love!!!!
aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Mine was a wonderful cook still is, it wasn't always healthy though she's a southern cook, lot's of butter grease etc.

mom-x-2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I was lucky, my mom was the best cook! She was a wahm with a small hair salon in the basement. We had dinner every night. She passed when I was 18 and her cooking is so legendary whe. I cook something extra yummy my kids ask if it was her recipe and she died 7 years before dd was born. I also tell them somethings are her secret recipe to get them to eat lol. Dd has actually fought with my aunt (her surrogate grammy) when she cooked something different from the way I do and says it was my moms recipe. Ooops lol
lilmama3189
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to say that to my mom all the time.. lol.. my grandmother would just say that hers is better because she adds special grandma love!!

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Yes she was. I learned how to cook a lot of things from her. i actually probably bake more than she did but she always cooked meals for us and they were mostly healthy. My kids love her spaghetti and when I make spaghetti they tell me its almost as good as her's. Since I do it exaclty like she did, haven't figured out why her's is better. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
My mom freaking rocks in.the kitchen. She makes Italian food to die for. and her baking OMG!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN