Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was your mom a good cook?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When you were a kid? Mine wasnt, haha. She has 3 or 4 things she knows how to make and they are all gross. One year, she let me eat nothing but pizza lunchables, sour cream and onion chips and oreos for every meal. Blech...I guess that's why I'm a stickler for healthy eating now. She would tell people that I was picky and there ass nothing she could get me to eat but the truth was she just didn't cook anything. I will try anything and I'm a real foodie.

She also freezes everything! She'll cook a steak, freeze it, then eat it a month later. Weird to me!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (71-80):
cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Yes she is an amazing cook.

Love060708kids
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Nope.  She was awful, we had McDonald's more times than I can count.

Schleetle
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:25 AM
She could cook a fair amount of things, but BLAND, BLAND plain. She's really picky about food so her meals were limited. Eta I've had this discussion with DH, and I'm sure it's not true for everyone, but I think a lot of people whose mother was a great cook turn out not to be, and if she wasn't you do better... Now I hope I don't get 20 quotes telling me I'm wrong, but it's a coincidence among most of the people I know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Uhhhh... No.

I did get food poisoned a lot as a kid. :(
aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM
My mom s cooking sucked.I was a better cook at 16 then she is now and she is the manager for a deli.They cook meals everyday.I think they suck too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Nope. Which is surprising because my Grandma was a awesome cook. Even when we visit my parents, I cook.
GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM
My mom was and still is amazing she has a catering business for years. I can't cool to save my life before I got married always went home for dinner with my kids or we ate out. She was very happy when I married a chef
risaspieces
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM
My mom is an awesome cook!! She taught me everything she knows and I've taught her some things that I learned.

txbelleinky
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM

My mom was a horrible cook and still is. My mom was a single parent and we lived with my grandma till I was 12. My grandma was the best cook ever and taught me. So we moved out when I was 12 and I took over the cooking and had dinner on the table when my mom came home from work every night

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Nope. She did frozen meals and fast food. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)