Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm happy, but so scared!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Ok, my BF and I just found out this week that we are pregnant. And honestly I'm thrilled. This is baby #3 for me, But he doesn't have any, he was told 3 years ago he couldnt! Apparently something changed. Cause here we are. But I'm terrified on what my family will say. They don't think I need more. And Im so scared my sisters going to get mad cause she can not have anymore. Although her and my brother in law have tried and tried...I want to rip that bandaid off and just tell them, but then again I just dont want all the negative comments....SUCKS :(

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Are you two going to get married? Can you truly and comfortably afford this baby?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Oh if he had his way we'd marry tomorrow...I wanna hold off a lil while, but yes by next summer we will be married. Right at this moment no. We dont have the money. BUT in 9 months, we will both be great financially. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you two going to get married? Can you truly and comfortably afford this baby?

bi-polarmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM

rip the band-aid off and just tell them

if they get pissy about it, that is their problem, not yours

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
If they arent feeding fucking or financing you, their opinion doesnt matter...

Just share your news. Be positive and excited and I am sure they will follow suit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I know its just their words are so hurtful...and im so darn emotional now. Its insane. ANd the thought of their words scares me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If they arent feeding fucking or financing you, their opinion doesnt matter...

Just share your news. Be positive and excited and I am sure they will follow suit

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM

And bf is so sweet and so old fashion he wants to do it for me...protect me from the pain...but whether I say the words or he does..its going to be ugly

.Funfetti.
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM

it's too bad that they haven't been able to have children, but that's not your fault. Your baby is a celebration and I hope they are adult enough to not rain on your parade. Maybe tell your sister privately first. 

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
You know the shit storm is coming so or so. Prepare yourself before you tell them and make sure you have the proper comeback for dumb comments. The best way would be to make clear right away that this is not up for discussion, and that you will not allow them to spew their negativity on you. This is not about your sister or anyone else but you and your boyfriend. It is not your fault she cannot have any more kids, therefore she can either suck it up or stay away. She needs to live with her situation and leave you be.
Axlynnx
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM

They'll get over it. Don't let their negativity take away from your happiness.  

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Just rip the band aid off. How long are you going to wait? Eventually she's going to know anyways.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured