Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vent *long*ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

My parents got emergency temporary custody of my oldest brothers three kids (ages 4, 2, and 9months) back in June 2012 because he and his gf were using drugs. The program they are in for the family court requires that they complete community service, have full time jobs or be full time students, go to NA meetings and pass drug tests. Neither of them have completed their community service hours, have full time jobs (my brother has a part time job), and both have failed numerous drug tests (my brother has also recently relapsed). Today at the family support meeting my parents found out they were granting my brother and his gf 3 hours of unsupervised visitation. I'm just so irritated that they keep being rewarded even though they aren't doing the things they need to do. I'm so scared they will get custody back. Before my parents got custody the 9 month old had to be hospitalized because they weren't feeding him. They can't take care of the kids and I don't know what I'm going to do if they get custody back.

They have 8 hours of supervised visitation each week along with the 3 hours of unsupervised. My parents pay their bills, buy them groceries, and were paying for their gas up until today (my parents took away my brother's car because of his relapse).

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM

unsupervised? wtf? are the COURTS on crack?

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM

That's scary.  I'm sorry.  Hopefully, they don't want the visitation and realize they can't handle it.  Sometimes addicts are too preeoccupied with themselves, so maybe they just won't want to put the time in to see them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN