Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know its not rational but... ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay, I'll try to keep it short.  Dh works in a resturant.  I found a girls bracelet in his pants pocket.  He's a manager and he says that while at work, she's a cook, and he reminded her no bracelets w. charms - but she had on gloves so she asked him to take it off. he did and put it in his pocket to give it back to her before she left, but he forgot.  I didn't give it back to him.  I was going to take it and pawn it.  I hid it for a while then put it in the change pocket of my wallet so I wouldn't forget next time I was out, but I did.  Then I got a new purse and left my wallet in the old one.  Then I lost the old one.  I knew it was somewhere in the house so I didn't really worry about it.  I just found it tonight and the bracelet is gone.  I'm sure he found it and gave it back to her.  I'm super pissed.  I know I sound stupid, this is just how I feel, I'm just at my wits end.  ugh.

So when dh got home last night we talked about all of this.  He admitted that he had found the bracelet but that he hadn't given it back to her, and he gave it back to me.  Due to some of the ladies advice on here I told him to give it back to her.  I still don't feel good about the whole thing and I love how some of you are coming off (need to post anon more often, get to see new sides to people)  I want to thank the few that were able to keep it kind, and not be ugly/hateful/completely unproductive.  I'm sure the rest of you have never done anything wrong or stupid, never overreacted or acted outta pocket for any reasons.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (141-150):
areles
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:36 AM
to be honest, his story makes more sense than any sex scenario in which he ended up with her bracelet in his pocket.

I'm skeptical cat normally, but his story is pretty damn plausible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You are a bitch. That would be stealing.

why'd you post anon?  yea, I can be a bitch, but I'm not one in general.  I'm not perfect by far and don't claim to be.  I think they we're messing around and thats how he got her bracelet.  I'm not saying I was right, obviously its not something I feel really good about, but I really don't feel terribly bad either if thats how he got it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:41 AM

So you're pissed off because you couldn't STEAL something from somebody else and sell it? Bravo.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, I'll try to keep it short.  Dh works in a resturant.  I found a girls bracelet in his pants pocket.  He's a manager and he says that while at work, she's a cook, and he reminded her no bracelets w. charms - but she had on gloves so she asked him to take it off. he did and put it in his pocket to give it back to her before she left, but he forgot.  I didn't give it back to him.  I was going to take it and pawn it.  I hid it for a while then put it in the change pocket of my wallet so I wouldn't forget next time I was out, but I did.  Then I got a new purse and left my wallet in the old one.  Then I lost the old one.  I knew it was somewhere in the house so I didn't really worry about it.  I just found it tonight and the bracelet is gone.  I'm sure he found it and gave it back to her.  I'm super pissed.  I know I sound stupid, this is just how I feel, I'm just at my wits end.  ugh.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:17 AM
I almost woke my husband up laughing at this.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Divorce him, quick! You know that bracelet belonged to her dead grandma and it was a token of her love for him. She probably rubbed it in her snatch juice and everything and now she's marked her territory on your husband!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM

So you wanted to keep someone else's property and he wanted to return it. How dare he want to do the right thing and not let you steal!

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I don't care if the bracelet ended up in his pocket because he bent her over the fryer, you had no right to keep her property. And had you pawned it an been caught, "I thought he was cheating" wouldn't make a good defense.

You need therapy. Not couples therapy (although that would help, too), but good, old-fashioned individual therapy. You have way bigger issues than not trusting your husband.
Always1222
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:45 AM

That is a tough one......as trust takes time to build but can be broken in a single act. Is he fully committed to working it out? Have you guys tried seeing a marriage counseling, maybe being in an emotional safe environment to air out your guys's feelings and thoughts would help...especially if a good counseling could help bring both of you and your husband's concerns to light. I think it would be incredibly hard to work on working it out with someone if I didn't feel I could trust them whatsoever... I hope you find a constructive way for you both to work on your relationship or if he isn't willing then the strength to move on to bigger and better things. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Always1222:

Hmm...well it sounds more like your concern was that he got the bracelet in a different way then he said. Is that why you wanted to pawn it? If he did get it through cheating or something of the like I could understand, however if you guys have a strong relationship then I don't understand....Hope it all works out though.

yes!! thank you! he has cheated in the past, and even recently been doing some things a married man shouldn't be doing w. a coworker (innapropriate texting) and I know alot of people would say I should just leave but I decided to try and work things out.  Its hard building trust though after repeated issues.  

charliebean
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:49 AM

That's so weird. I lost a bracelet the exact same way. I was a server and forgot to take my bracelet off, the manager reminded me, but my hands were full of egg batter and he took it off for me and I never saw it again. Now I know it was because his jealous/psycho wife thought he was up to no good and pawned it. Thank you for the closure.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

You kept her bracelet to pawn it? Wow.

hellsya.  I was hurt and didn't believe either of them.  I had an inkling of 'maybe this ain't right', but my anger overpowered that.  

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:30 AM
So it sound like he forgot she reminded him and you blew this way out proportion and tried stealing from this girl. And so because he forgot something's gotta be going on? Wow just Wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hanab818:

Have you ever thought maybe he forgot about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hanab818:

Really? I went to culinary school and in school no ring no watches or bracelets. It is a health hazard and can cause some serious issues for the restaurant. Also at the restaurant I worked at they had the same freaking rule. I have had my managers hold my stuff when I was busy and could run to put it up. And you are so in the wrong.

I know its a plausible reason which is why I didn't just pack up and leave him,. but I still felt , that something not right was going on.  Like I told another poster - he knows I do his laundry and if he would've just come out and asked me if I had seen the bracelet after it had been 'missing' a few days,. I'd have felt better about it.

yes, but then I figured she'd have asked him about it and he'd remember.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Uh hmm... I have nothing.

Therapy maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anotherhalf:

You are pissed because he did the right thing and you couldn't do the wrong thing. Priceless.

I don't think he did the right thing, at all.

Yes he did-it's a health code violation for a cook to wear a braclet at work.

He took it, and rather than walk back to the office he put it in his pocket.

If it went missing from his pocket the cook would have every right to expect him to replace it. And if she went over his head-he would be TOLD to replace it.  nd if you pawned it and she had found out-he could have been fired for STEALING from an employee. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN