Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know its not rational but... ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay, I'll try to keep it short.  Dh works in a resturant.  I found a girls bracelet in his pants pocket.  He's a manager and he says that while at work, she's a cook, and he reminded her no bracelets w. charms - but she had on gloves so she asked him to take it off. he did and put it in his pocket to give it back to her before she left, but he forgot.  I didn't give it back to him.  I was going to take it and pawn it.  I hid it for a while then put it in the change pocket of my wallet so I wouldn't forget next time I was out, but I did.  Then I got a new purse and left my wallet in the old one.  Then I lost the old one.  I knew it was somewhere in the house so I didn't really worry about it.  I just found it tonight and the bracelet is gone.  I'm sure he found it and gave it back to her.  I'm super pissed.  I know I sound stupid, this is just how I feel, I'm just at my wits end.  ugh.

So when dh got home last night we talked about all of this.  He admitted that he had found the bracelet but that he hadn't given it back to her, and he gave it back to me.  Due to some of the ladies advice on here I told him to give it back to her.  I still don't feel good about the whole thing and I love how some of you are coming off (need to post anon more often, get to see new sides to people)  I want to thank the few that were able to keep it kind, and not be ugly/hateful/completely unproductive.  I'm sure the rest of you have never done anything wrong or stupid, never overreacted or acted outta pocket for any reasons.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Quoting newmommy7608:

Pass some to me to this should get interesting...btw you kept the bracelet to pawn it?? Really?? That's kinda screwy....no let me rephrase that..it's totally screwy and mean

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound like a real *cough* winner....*cough*

Can someone pass the popcorn please

I'm sure I'd agree with you if I was in the right state of mind.  If I believed his story, I wouldn't have kept the bracelet, but I didn't believe him.

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Cheddar or caramel ?

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound like a real *cough* winner....*cough*

Can someone pass the popcorn please

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Quoting KG34:

You're pissed that he stopped you from pawning something that didn't belong to you?

I don't know if I ever would've pawned it - thats just what I told myself I would do , but I passed the pawnstore every day with that bracelet in my wallet before I got a new purse.  I never even told him I was going to pawn it, just that I wasn't going to give it back to him.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
9 moms liked this

Divorce him, quick! You know that bracelet belonged to her dead grandma and it was a token of her love for him. She probably rubbed it in her snatch juice and everything and now she's marked her territory on your husband!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
3 moms liked this
You're overreacting. Pawning something that isn't yours is a crime, btw.
RLT2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry he stole the thing back from you that you were going to steal from someone else and sell......he's terrible?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, I guess I don't quite understand what you're pissed about. That he returned a bracelet that wasn't yours to begin with? I don't think it sounds all that far fetched honestly. I worked in a restaurant while I went to school, and I've seen scenarios like that before. Nothing foul about it, and I think you could be overreacting.

I could be.  Lets say I'm wrong and he was telling the truth, and I was totally out've line to keep it, but he knew what I thought (and trust me I've got good reason to distrust him) and its been months - he knew once I found it was gone I'd be super pissed and hurt, imo he should've just left it.  He already told her he lost the bracelet.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM
You two really need some counseling. You're not going to gain back trust in him if you think something as simple as this with no other signs(that you've mentioned) is him cheating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Trust issues much? Why would you go pawn it off anyways? Then you end up making your hubby look like a thief rather than him just being a good boss.

I abslolutely do have trust issues, with good reason. Honestly I don't care if I made him look bad but I felt like he was lying to me about why he had it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Always1222
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm...well it sounds more like your concern was that he got the bracelet in a different way then he said. Is that why you wanted to pawn it? If he did get it through cheating or something of the like I could understand, however if you guys have a strong relationship then I don't understand....Hope it all works out though.

KG34
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KG34:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting anotherhalf:

You are pissed because he did the right thing and you couldn't do the wrong thing. Priceless.

I don't think he did the right thing, at all.

How is it wrong for him to return something to its rightful owner?

Because in my opinion (however warped it may be) thats putting her feelings before mine.  He knew what I felt about it so he should've just let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak. Its been months.

You need therapy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)