Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a survivor, ask me anything.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I made my post of my story last night, but I wasn't really answering questions. But honestly, I like talking about this if it means I can help someone, so here goes.

I survived child molestation, rape, child abuse, severe (and I mean severe) bullying, and domestic violence.

I also use my past to educate and counsel others.

I'm choosing to remain anon for this, even though I did post under my SN yesterday.

Ask me anything.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Hugs! I could have written this myself. I can't think of any questions, but I want you to know you aren't alone. Of course, you already know that ;) 

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Join the club. However, not something I talk about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I didn't for years.

Then a friend came out about how she was abused. And another friend. And another.

Then recently I saw a story of a well known Chicago club owner who beat the living crap out of someone I knew. Apparently it wasn't until she came out about it that his ex's came out about their experiences. He's walking free after a famous comedian paid his bail. Go figure.

All of them said they were afraid to talk about it, because people made them feel like they were at fault. And it made me realize, no one talks about this stuff. And because no one talks about it, those who go through it feel like they shouldn't talk about it either. And nothing is ever done for them.

And that needs to change. Which is why I speak up now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I don't give a shit what people think, I know it wasn't my fault and thats what matters. Everyone important in my life knows what I've been through and sometimes day to day life is a struggle still. I don't talk about it because I'm trying to move past it and leave it behind me where it belongs.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't for years.

Then a friend came out about how she was abused. And another friend. And another.

Then recently I saw a story of a well known Chicago club owner who beat the living crap out of someone I knew. Apparently it wasn't until she came out about it that his ex's came out about their experiences. He's walking free after a famous comedian paid his bail. Go figure.

All of them said they were afraid to talk about it, because people made them feel like they were at fault. And it made me realize, no one talks about this stuff. And because no one talks about it, those who go through it feel like they shouldn't talk about it either. And nothing is ever done for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Aren't we all survivors of something? Just saying

babyblue415
by champagne on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

a lot of people have been through the same thing u have and it looks like its the norm. its scary to me and make me want to home school my kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Hugs <3 I hope you move past it soon and find the closure you need :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't give a shit what people think, I know it wasn't my fault and thats what matters. Everyone important in my life knows what I've been through and sometimes day to day life is a struggle still. I don't talk about it because I'm trying to move past it and leave it behind me where it belongs.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't for years.

Quoting Anonymous:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Me too. Here's a bump for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Make a friend.

Not kidding. My husband was my best friend at the time. He knew the story and he knew I needed help. I set up credit cards and bank accounts and the bills went to his address. Same thing with a cell phone that I kept at his house. He was put on contact lists for everything, so when my apartment came through, he was there to get the call for me.

I already had a job, which was a plus. If you're given an "allowance" for shopping and stuff, set some money aside into a bank account. Build a savings. Contact legal aid, welfare, the police, etc and tell them the situation. They will help you.

Your survival doesn't depend on him, he only wants you to believe it does. If you contact the police, womens shelters, etc they will help you. If I didn't have a friend that helped, that would be what I would have done. A controlling abuser is trying to make you think that you can't survive without him, when in truth you would be much better off without him.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you get out when your sole survival depends on him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)