Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fasting *ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have you ever fasted? 

I did fastings when I was in college for spiritual reasons. I'm thinking of doing a week water fast and focus on my spiritual health. Feeling so stressed ad think this might help.

ETA

There is a method to fasting to ensure safe fasting. I will have prepare physically and spiritually. Since many are concerned with the physical, I plan on eating smaller meals. Eventually do sun up to sun down fasting with juicing and water. Then work myself up to a whole week of complete fasting. But I'm focused on my spiritual health and will adjust as I go. 

If you do not already know of the power and importance of fasting, here are some

very important facts:

• Fasting was an expected discipline in both the Old and New Testament eras. For example, Moses fasted at least two recorded forty-day periods. Jesus fasted 40 days and reminded His followers to fast, "when you fast," not if you fast.

• Fasting and prayer can restore the loss of the "first love" for your Lord and result in a more intimate relationship with Christ.

• Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God (Psalm 35:13; Ezra 8:21). King David said, "I humble myself through fasting."

• Fasting enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition, resulting in brokenness, repentance, and a transformed life.

• The Holy Spirit will quicken the Word of God in your heart and His truth will become more meaningful to you!

• Fasting can transform your prayer life into a richer and more personal experience.

• Fasting can result in a dynamic personal revival in your own life-and make you a channel of revival to

others.

• Fasting and prayer are the only disciplines that fulfill the requirements of

II Chronicles 7:14: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.If you fast, you will find yourself being humbled as I did. You will discover more time to pray and seek God's face. And as He leads you to recognize and repent of unconfessed sin, you will experience special blessings from God.

• Through your fast, and that of many other believers, God will heal our land. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM
When I'm stressed I eat, it wouldn't work for me, good luck.
JadsW
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Yup. Mr. Jads & I did a 10-day juice fast last summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM

No I haven't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

You pray instead and focus on your communication with God and your inner peace.

Quoting MooBaaLaLaLa80:

Won't you be hungry?

ANSLUASI
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Being hungry makes me crabby as hell and then makes me pass out, so no. I wouldn't subject my family to the horror that is an overly hungry me:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I'm not trying to lose weight. It's meant to make me spiritual more in tune and focused.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing but water for a week? That's not healthy.

Miss_Sheila
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM
mite sound weird but i like your pic. it kinda looks like ur laughing at someone or gossiping bout another girl

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I have before, yes. Not in the past several years. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Lol I get crabby sometimes too 

Quoting ANSLUASI:

Being hungry makes me crabby as hell and then makes me pass out, so no. I wouldn't subject my family to the horror that is an overly hungry me:)

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, I actually get that a lot! I was messing around with the cam and figured it was fitting :P 

Quoting Miss_Sheila:

mite sound weird but i like your pic. it kinda looks like ur laughing at someone or gossiping bout another girl

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I have before, yes. Not in the past several years. 

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM
i would like to for weight loss but i dont know if i have the dedication.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)